London SE1 community website

Tube Strikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 February 2020 9.20pm
Can I ask how introducing timetable changes can cause stress to drivers?

Surely,they are paid to work shifts? As long as they are not being asked to work what they havenít been contracted for or what would be deemed unreasonable to a normal person.whats the issue?

Not sure how causing disruption of this scale is justified.

Happy to hear others thoughts here

No doubt some will send insults my way but all I am looking for is a sensible answer to why this is happening.
Saturday 22 February 2020 9.11am
Why expect insults when none intended, EWJ1974?

Have you read RMT's latest statement? https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-strike-action-on-bakerlo19220/

Presumably the drivers reckon that the new shifts required by the proposed timetable changes "would be deemed unreasonable to a normal person", as you say yourself. Why assume tube drivers aren't "normal people"?
Saturday 22 February 2020 11.46am
Actually the main travel problems in London this weekend are not caused by the strike but by LT's simultaneous decision to close down the Northern Line (Bank Branch), the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Met lines for engineering works.
Saturday 22 February 2020 4.55pm
...and today major delays on the London Bridge-Charing Cross line, and on Thameslink , and the usual roadworks with buses diverted.

Frankly, unless you live in somewhere like Wealdstone, and the Bakerloo line is your only contact with civilisation, I think there are other transport problems to worry about. If you live in central London, the walking will do you good.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions