London SE1 community website

The SE1 website and the current crisis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 March 2020 3.54pm
Some thoughts from my father and I on what we hope to do with this website in the current crisis: https://www.london-se1.co.uk/status/ - but we'll need help to avoid going under.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 18 March 2020 9.20am
Will yesterday's announcement from the Chancellor help your business James?

Very sad times :(
Wednesday 18 March 2020 11.42am
Yes I hope so - but it seems that the grants for very small businesses mentioned by the chancellor will be administered by councils.

That makes me worry that they will be tied to the business rates regime, and we are not part of that regime/mechanism so I'm not sure we exist as far as the council is concerned.

We shall have to wait for the detail, but if it's as straightforward as the chancellor made it sound, then it would be an incredible help.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 18 March 2020 2.59pm
James, what’s the best way to make a one off contribution?
Sunday 29 March 2020 10.17am
Long time lurker here - just seen this post and donated an hour a month - long time over due donation it's a great community.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions