London SE1 community website

Fruit Tree - Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 March 2020 11.07am
Lovely that this small business is selling essentials - fresh pasta - fruit etc at fair prices & being fair with people as to what they can buy so everyone can get through this challenging time.
Friday 20 March 2020 11.37am
Little bit of history for you. The Fruit Tree is more or less on the same site that Snowy's the green grocer was before the rebuild( corner of the old Bittern Street /Gt. Suffolk Street) . Coincidentally Snowy used to make up a box of fruit and veg for my mum and me which saved her time cos of long working hours and she was always grateful and he never diddled her out of a penny . Sounds like the good values are still being maintained
Sunday 22 March 2020 11.46am
Lovely! I visited them on the day they opened.
Monday 23 March 2020 1.32pm
tone wrote:
Little bit of history for you. The Fruit Tree is more or less on the same site that Snowy's the green grocer was before the rebuild( corner of the old Bittern Street /Gt. Suffolk Street) . Coincidentally Snowy used to make up a box of fruit and veg for my mum and me which saved her time cos of long working hours and she was always grateful and he never diddled her out of a penny . Sounds like the good values are still being maintained

Lovely
Wednesday 25 March 2020 9.54pm
Passed here today, they have a great selection of fruit and veg and essentials like loo roll too!

Would love to see pics of the area before the (I assume post war) rebuild.
Friday 27 March 2020 3.57pm
Closed today! I think they may have sold out all of their stock. Lots of fruit and veg left out front, presumably for free...
Monday 30 March 2020 4.36pm
Hi Everyone, I was out on my socially-distancing daily walk and happened upon The Fruit Tree which was very much open for business today - Monday 30th March. Good idea to be able to shop in the open air and staff and customers seemed pretty good at the 2 metres apart . As I hadn't plan to shop, my selection was rather random but came away with new potatoes, baking potatoes, a cauliflower, bunch of bananas and big bag of plain flour (for baking). Hope this is helpful.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions