London SE1 community website

Pret a Manger - The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 July 2020 3.20pm
According to this news story, Pret a Manger is planning to close its branch on the Cut, meaning that potential customers will need to walk the 200m to the one on the Book Warehouse site, or slightly further to the one in the station or the one on Blackfriars Road.

It's a shame for anyone losing their jobs, and that's a big unit to fill on the Cut.
Monday 6 July 2020 11.33pm
Could be a great site for a Tesco Metro maybe? Quite the hike to the nearest one.
Wednesday 8 July 2020 6.42am
Williamn - do you seriously mean you want another Tesco? They are back to their old practices of trying to reduce their payments to suppliers despite there being previously agreed sums?
Wednesday 8 July 2020 7.19pm
Does the loss of Pret A Manger really matter to anybody other than the staff who will lose their jobs.

Tesco? Really? Though I must admit it is such a great distance to the shop next door to the college.

I would welcome another version of Greensmiths.
Thursday 9 July 2020 5.59pm
My comment was tongue in cheek!
Saturday 11 July 2020 8.20am
I knew that Williamn.

Unfortunately. there is now a Tesco executive thinking 'That's not a bad idea, let's check to see if we have any store less than fifty yards of the site, if not then examine the possible footfall'.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions