London SE1 community website

Flute practice room

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 September 2020 1.33pm
Hi, I need a place to practise flute. I live local to Southwark station but I'm willing to go anywhere in or surrounding SE1.

Ideally looking to practise 3 hrs each day including weekends with a regular slot. It can get quite loud so a non-residential area is preferred. No extra facilities required except for a table and chair. I know it's not much but I can rent up to 100 a month, so an unused office space, church hall, or store, etc. in the evenings would be great.

Offers and suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Wednesday 9 September 2020 1.40pm
Christ Church Southwark in Blackfriars Road may well be suitable.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 9 September 2020 1.53pm
Location is perfect, but Christ Church can only hire out the hall for 30/hr at the moment.
Wednesday 9 September 2020 2.23pm
Blackfriars Settlement? Rushworth/Pocock st

South Bank Uni might have a room?

Enquire local pubs (upstairs)
Wednesday 9 September 2020 3.54pm
Blackfriars Settlement said no but were nice enough to get back to me. No response from South Bank Uni Estates. No luck with pubs either, or empty student halls and hotels. I've been looking for a while...
Thursday 10 September 2020 12.07pm
Place found. Thanks for everyone's help!
Thursday 10 September 2020 2.04pm
Morley college has practice rooms

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions