London SE1 community website

Harper Road Post Office

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 September 2020 12.40pm
Anyone know what is going on there? The Post Office part of the Harper News shop has been closed for a few weeks now. Mr Khan's surly son seems to be running the shop and not doing any Post Office stuff.
Monday 21 September 2020 9.07pm
The first and last time I went in there they didn't have any first class stamps.
Tuesday 22 September 2020 2.07pm
They were shocking at first. He didn't have a clue what he was doing. But they really improved, and were much more friendly and efficient than the branch on the New Kent Road.
Thursday 24 September 2020 7.47pm
I went there yesterday at 7pm to post something internationally and all seemed fine. Not many places you can do postal services that late - and apparently open till 8pm!
Friday 25 September 2020 1.28am
Andrew H wrote:
Anyone know what is going on there? The Post Office part of the Harper News shop has been closed for a few weeks now. Mr Khan's surly son seems to be running the shop and not doing any Post Office stuff.

Iíve used the post office this week, and on 3-4 occasions over the last 2 weeks.

The son is managing whilst the father has taken a well deserved break, he was working flat out during the lock down months, working until 10pm most evenings.
Friday 25 September 2020 2.01pm
Good to know the Post Office services are open again. Mr Khan was training someone else to do it when he wasn't there, but the last few weeks every time I passed the post office sign was not out, and the son was turning away post office business.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions