London SE1 community website

Complaint about Doorkins funeral service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 29 October 2020 7.21pm
I am appalled and disgusted at the insensitivity of the so called very reverend .
Holding a ceremony for a cat in these unprecedented times where people are unable to bury their family properly.
He said that the cat did more to bring people in than he ever did. What does that say about the very reverend. He definitely is not very reverend, I would say very very ridiculous very very insensitive very very over indulged and very very out of touch.
Friday 30 October 2020 12.46am
Well, I actually contacted the cathedral today to thank them for the service. It was the right thing to do in my opinion (both). Did you hear what was said? About a cat but not just about a cat. She was important to lots of people. I feel sad that she's gone, so do many others. This is the cathedral being in touch.

The Dean, in the service, is fully aware of the situation the whole world finds itself in- it's not his fault that it isn't in his power to do more. I am glad for the thanksgiving for Doorkins.
Friday 30 October 2020 8.15am
You very very need to get a life.
You don't know how he has been affected by the present pandemic and Doorkins may be just another friend that he has lost. Everyone remembers the friends they have lost but little thought is given to our four legged friends at this time.
Friday 30 October 2020 9.06am
As Paul said you do need to very very much to get a life.
From your very very strident tone it would appear that you are searching for something to be very very offended about.

The lady doth protest very very much too much.

Having said that I sincerely hope that hope that you have not suffered the recent loss of a loved one, if you have then you have my sincere condolences.

If not, what could account for you venting your spleen in such a manner?
Friday 30 October 2020 10.37am
Reading the heading about Doorkins Funeral Service I thought instantly of a new undertakers that hadn't provided a good service!
Animals give so much love to people that sometimes is not deserved. As BunHouse said if you have suffered a bereavement I am sorry.
My sister died this time last year, animal lover to the end, she often said her cats kept her alive. A cat having a special service would be perfectly acceptable. She never wanted flowers but her last wish was for people to donate t St.Barnabas house hospice and Faversham animal sanctuary.
Sunday 1 November 2020 5.46pm
Thank you for bringing this story to my attention. Animals can touch peoplesí lives in such special ways. What a beautiful send off for a beloved little friend. Sending sympathy to all who have suffered loss, animal and human alike.
Tuesday 3 November 2020 5.57pm
Ecclesiastes 3:18-19

"Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. "
Thursday 5 November 2020 9.34pm
Thank you Jules2... my sister would had that on a plaque above her head. Her cats were taken care about f till the end. They had more private surgery than the Kardashians!
Thursday 5 November 2020 9.44pm
Lorna, do not be too downhearted or dispirited. I am sure your second post will be much more favourably received and responded to.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions