London SE1 community website

Millwall Supporters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Saturday 5 December 2020 5.01pm
I'm not even a fan of BLM but this is predictably depressing and shameful behaviour by a section of Millwall fans.
Saturday 5 December 2020 10.45pm
Take the knee or you will be denounced. Fascism masquerading as social justice. BLM have raked in millions in protection money from large corporations. Ironic really, given that one of their stated aims is to destroy capitalism. Get up off of your knees people.
Saturday 5 December 2020 11.48pm
Totally agree that it was depressing, shameful, and a lot more. But can you explain why it was predictable, Edward?
Sunday 6 December 2020 10.27am
I suspect that what people would really like to accuse them of is racism. I mean, can it be shameful to have and express an opinion?

Ironically, against Derby during the miners strike, 3 blokes singing pro miners songs got dragged out by the Police for being too political.
Sunday 6 December 2020 2.28pm
IS it fair to assume that my last post was disallowed......ref?
Sunday 6 December 2020 2.39pm
For the record, I will say that I know Millwall fans and how we tick. It's really not racism, it's a, I feel, slightly tiresome desire to be different from the rest. I find it boring now tbh, but racism it's not and never ever was with them/us.
Look around the grounds when watching football on tv, 80%wear replica shirts, at Millwall it's about 0%, not even the kids wear them!
Sunday 6 December 2020 5.29pm
Ted Nugent wrote:
Take the knee or you will be denounced. Fascism masquerading as social justice. BLM have raked in millions in protection money from large corporations. Ironic really, given that one of their stated aims is to destroy capitalism. Get up off of your knees people.

No. Boo at people taking the knee in support of anti-racism and your motivation will rightly be questioned. . A lot of people are aware of and disagree with some of the values BLM stand for, but this denunciation of racism has risen above that. This is not about BLM, it\s bigger than that, it's about fighting racism, which still is very much present in football as well as society. BLM were the trigger, they are not the actual cause.
Sunday 6 December 2020 5.32pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Totally agree that it was depressing, shameful, and a lot more. But can you explain why it was predictable, Edward?

Because I expected it to happen and then it did.
Sunday 6 December 2020 5.38pm
boroughonian wrote:
I suspect that what people would really like to accuse them of is racism. I mean, can it be shameful to have and express an opinion?
Ironically, against Derby during the miners strike, 3 blokes singing pro miners songs got dragged out by the Police for being too political.

You're the one playing the racism card. If it's a desire to be different, it's quite puerile. There are more constructive ways to be different, why does it have to be a thing that most people, left and right wing, consider to be a problem and w ant to solved once and for all?
Sunday 6 December 2020 5.52pm
In the clown world we currently inhabit, your motivation for opposing many things (and voicing said opposition) will be called into question, by a certain virtue-signalling clique. That doesn't mean that you should not voice your displeasure. We already have various anti-racism programmes in football (and amen to that), but taking a knee because of something that happened 4,000 miles away is simply ludicrous (almost as ludicrous as a crowd of people in Trafalgar square screaming "hands up, don't shoot" at the unarmed British copper!). Sorry, somebody tells me to take a knee, they will be told in no uncertain terms to fluck off.
As for racism being very much present in football (and indeed society), this cannot be quantified or confirmed. There's widespread racism because....feelings. All those black millionaire footballers must be living a hell on earth. Clown world.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions