London SE1 community website

Millwall Supporters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Sunday 6 December 2020 6.00pm
"BLM was the trigger". No it wasn't. We have had various anti racism programmes in football for many years. BLM is an awful American import, which tends to appeal to white, middle class folks with a guilt complex. I remember seeing a typical example being interviewed in Parliament Square. They asked her if she was not scared of coming out in large crowds during Covid. Here response was Pure woke nonsense, "Well, black people are scared to leave their houses in case they get killed by police." Really? A cursory glance at homicide figures here and in the U.S would confirm that black people are overwhelmingly more at risk of being killed by other black people. But of course, in clown world, if you say this....."Racist!"
Sunday 6 December 2020 8.49pm
I wonder if the Derby player not taking the knee but giving the 'Back Power' salute had anything to do with the reaction of the Millwall fans. Sadly I suspect it might have ignited the very short fuse at The Den.

It appears that the media, and those who seek reasons to be offended, choose to ignore that provocative action.
Sunday 6 December 2020 9.13pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
I wonder if the Derby player not taking the knee but giving the 'Back Power' salute had anything to do with the reaction of the Millwall fans. Sadly I suspect it might have ignited the very short fuse at The Den.
It appears that the media, and those who seek reasons to be offended, choose to ignore that provocative action.

Funny to see the pasty white dude take the knee like he's Colin bleeding Kapernick. Meanwhile, the black dude thinks he's at the '68 Olympics! Welcome to Clown World!
Sunday 6 December 2020 9.24pm
Ted Nugent wrote:
We already have various anti-racism programmes in football (.

They evidently don't work, so a new, more radical approach is required. You know. like Trump and Brexit are more radical approaches.
Sunday 6 December 2020 9.45pm
Ted Nugent wrote:
"BLM was the trigger". No it wasn't.!"

Erm, yes it was. And a racist is racist, no matter how much they try and legitimise their racism or self-victimise about being called out on it. The "various anti racism programmes in football" evidently don't work, as Greg Clarke recently proved. Something more radical is required. BLM may not be the answer as some of their motives are questionable, but they triggered a commitment to fight racism that is picked up by the right people and it cuts right through tired clichés like "virtue signalling" , "white, middle class folks with a guilt complex.", "woke nonsense" and whichever other stereotypes you resort to in absence of a real argument. The kneeling is not going away, hopefully the racism eventually will.
Sunday 6 December 2020 10.11pm
But who is judging whether somebody is a racist, you? What gives your judgement legitimacy? The word is bandied about so much now that it has become meaningless. It is used by people who cannot debate. The word, along with "homophobe", "transphobe" (take a bow, Germaine Greer and Julie Bindle), "islamophobe" etc etc ad nauseam are thrown out like sweetie. I suppose one of the reasons why black sportsmen (and their "allies") push this narrative so hard is that young, heterosexual, cisgender, rich black males are starting to slide down the oppression league ,so need to make up ground.
Answer me this, if we live in such a racist society, how is it that British Indians outperform all other demographics (including white British)? Do these particular brown people get a pass from all the racists out there? The knee will go at some stage. Who knows, maybe it will be replaced with "Wakanda Forever".
Monday 7 December 2020 7.10am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
I suspect that what people would really like to accuse them of is racism. I mean, can it be shameful to have and express an opinion?
Ironically, against Derby during the miners strike, 3 blokes singing pro miners songs got dragged out by the Police for being too political.

You're the one playing the racism card. If it's a desire to be different, it's quite puerile. There are more constructive ways to be different, why does it have to be a thing that most people, left and right wing, consider to be a problem and w ant to solved once and for all?

Good grief you've surpassed yourself. How on Earth have I played the racism card? You also seem to have omitted where I said I found it boring and tiresome.

"Come on say what you really mean" remember saying that to me?
Monday 7 December 2020 7.13am
He said it in the end. "There that wasn't hard was it?" remember saying that to me?
Monday 7 December 2020 7.24am
Btw, it don't quite cut through the "white middle class folk with a guilt complex", don't come close , that's exactly what's going on. The only people that think it's trite to say that white lives matter too are middle class that haven't lived the street. end of.

This is what it's always been, a division of the working class. We might just start looking up if we all got along eh?
Monday 7 December 2020 9.07am
boroughonian wrote:
Btw, it don't quite cut through the "white middle class folk with a guilt complex", don't come close , that's exactly what's going on. The only people that think it's trite to say that white lives matter too are middle class that haven't lived the street. end of.
This is what it's always been, a division of the working class. We might just start looking up if we all got along eh?

Absolutely, and by and large, people do. The only people who see racism and all other manner of isms absolutely everywhere are those who wish to play identity politics. Race has become much less of an issue in the U.K, over the last 40 years. Ironically, the new identitarians (mainly white, middle class) are trying to pigeonhole people, based on race, gender, sexual orientation etc. Biden summed up their attitude perfectly, pre U.S election, by saying "if you have to wonder who to vote for, then you ain't black". In other words, if you are black, you must vote Biden. It is the same here. I have a few "woke" friends, one of whom recently said that he could not understand why a black man would be running as the Conservative London Mayoral candidate! They say they love diversity, but they hate diversity of opinion and political ideology.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions