London SE1 community website

Foxes got my handbag

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 22 December 2020 10.37am
Hi all,
I've lost my bag in Elephant and Castle ( Elliot row playground), 100% foxes found it and played with it I have found the handle is all bitten off, the bag has gone (French passport, card holder, airpods...), but no contacless expense has been made and I have found in the bushes a wallet with all my cash in it so I believe it wasn't stolen, either in a den or someone dropped it somewhere. The bag is red. Please get in touch if anything. Thank you.
Sunday 27 December 2020 12.56am
Libicca wrote:
Hi all,
I've lost my bag in Elephant and Castle ( Elliot row playground), 100% foxes found it and played with it I have found the handle is all bitten off, the bag has gone (French passport, card holder, airpods...), but no contacless expense has been made and I have found in the bushes a wallet with all my cash in it so I believe it wasn't stolen, either in a den or someone dropped it somewhere. The bag is red. Please get in touch if anything. Thank you.

I live in a 3 storey Town House in Rotherhithe, on the first floor at the rear is a kitchen-diner, with a sliding door that leads to a 2 metre x 5 metre balcony.
Every morning there is a fox asleep under the table and chairs on the balcony, I know that he understands English, as when I slide the door open and say, “Fancy some bits of bacon, or last nights pizza crusts?” he opens one eye and pads toward me, tongue lolling.
I’ll try him with “As-tu faim mon ami?”, then follow with, “As-tu trouvé un sac rouge?”
Of course, he may not be bilingual, plus Rotherhithe is a fair distance from Elliot’s Row, but I can only try.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions