London SE1 community website

New Year, Better Times?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 31 December 2020 3.10pm
Hello James and everyone who reads, who posts, etc. on the wonderful SE1 website and especially the Discussion Forum.
I look at the Forum messages every morning (after the BBC News) and nearly always find some useful information, interesting news, and I'm only occasionally rather infuriated when there are long discussions about football or when discussions become rather aggressive!
Thank you James for making all this possible and the award of a grant to SE1 during the pandemic was well deserved.
It's certainly been a very different, and often difficult, year for a part of London which has already seen huge changes such as the closure of the E&C Centre.
What will happen in 2021 is unpredictable, but I wish everyone a more peaceful, less divisive, and kinder life. Covid-19 and its mutations are highly transmittable - but so are acts of kindness and neighbourliness
Alison (just in SE17)
Thursday 31 December 2020 10.48pm
I join in the good wishes from Alberta Ally to all South-East Ones.

May it be a Happy New Year to you all, be safe from the virus.
May you have a lot to smile about and may you receive many acts of kindness and in turn do many more yourself.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions