London SE1 community website

Lost bag

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 5 January 2021 4.27pm
I know that this is unlikely... but a bag of mine fell off my bicycle yesterday afternoon. I went through King's Stairs Gardens and Southwark Park in SE16 and then on through St James' Churchyard, Spa Gardens and along the back roads, crossing Tower Bridge Road and getting to Tabard Street, where I realised what had happened. There was no money, no phone, no wallet. But I had just stocked up on a lot of stamps. If it fell into the right hands, I think that someone should be able to work out whose it is, as there was an empty jiffy bag with my address on it, and Christmas cards that had been written. Not all of them were sealed, and inside were my contact details. The bag itself is leather, probably Moroccan, bigger than A4, upright... Not a special one to me. I back tracked, twice in fact, but didn't come across it, so I think it has gone... But just in case!!
Thursday 7 January 2021 4.16pm
Have you posted to any groups on Facebook? People are very helpful on them

Social Awareness SE16
Canada Water Safety Network
Friday 8 January 2021 1.30am
I've posted on Nextdoor, and I have contacted the parks, as I passed through several. No joy, sadly.
Friday 8 January 2021 5.13pm
Pops is right..that group on FB is fantastic they are always posting keys,cards found. They are helpful kind community despite Londoners having reputations for being unfriendly.

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions