London SE1 community website

Where can I park on Friday daytime in SE1 please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 July 2004 9.33am
My parents are coming this weekend and (hopefully because they are bringing us so many presents) they "need" to bring a car.

Can anyone suggest somewhere local where they can park for most of the day on Friday, please?

The nearer to Gt Dover St/Trinity St area (and the cheaper), the better.

{I've done a search through old threads but can't find anything relevant}

Thanks

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 8 July 2004 10.43am
Now if this was the London Borough of Camden it would be easy - their website lets you enter a postcode and it tells you the exact parking restrictions in every street! This being Southwark, that's not possible. I guess the only thing you can do is have a scout around and look at parking restrictions etc. How about buying a book of residents parking visitor permits?
Thursday 8 July 2004 10.45am
Lynton Road - outside the Grange CPZ. Free! 10 minutes walk from Trinity church sq. Or, in ES-speak 'The Lyntons'

I have a friend coming to stay for a few weeks whilst he does a summer work placement. Anybody know what I need to give him to prove his 'residence' here? Thanks!
Thursday 8 July 2004 12.08pm
Thanks all.

(Apparently, because of some reason neither I nor the lady at the Parking Shop knew about, one can't buy visitors' passes/temporary passes in the area where we live.)

Mapmaker,

I rang the P Shop, and they said that one could get monthly visitor permits (10 per month) and that to do that one would need: (1) proof of your own residence status - they said a utility bill would do; (2) a letter from you, saying that friend X, with license number ZZZ123 would be visiting from ........to....... and that you could then get a temp permit.

You might want to check that the info she gave me also applies to your area of SE1

Thursday 8 July 2004 5.30pm
Top! Thanks
Jac
Thursday 8 July 2004 8.25pm
Ivanhoe I enquired of southwark sometime ago about book of visitor parking permits as like you I am in one of a few areas that they are not available. I think that was because we are in one of the original controled parking areas. They were going to introduce visitors parking permits for us in August 2003 (if i remember right) but what ever the date was it has well and truely past but nothing happened. Seems unfair that we are not allowed visitors who drive.
Thursday 8 July 2004 8.30pm
Ivanhoe-

as its you, you can borrow my Tabard Gardens visitors permit for the day. Can be used on some blocks nearby you. Cost: pint of Stowford.
Friday 9 July 2004 9.56am
Thanks Jo. I've sent you a private msg.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions