London SE1 community website

Hablamos Espanol (un pocito)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 16 August 2004 8.33am
Dear all,

A pity I missed the drinks. For some days I didn't check the Forum.
Well, if from time to time you would like to meet, please let me know. I am from Costa Rica, therefore, speak Spanish and love speaking Spanish.

Also, I want to improve my English as much as possible. If anyone is interested in having a one to one conversational evening, I'd be very happy to do it.

All the best,
Patricia

Monday 16 August 2004 9.43am
There is a brilliant online language school called www.simplyspeakit.com They offer language coaching on the telephone, 2 or 3 times a week 20 minutes per session, where you have conversations with a native speaker who sends you feedback afterwards by email. I have heard that it works very well and not too expensive, I believe. I heard that someone really improved her French this way and they also have English coaches for those who want to improve their English!
Monday 16 August 2004 9.45am
Sounds good, thanks for that.
I'll check the website.

Patricia
Tuesday 17 August 2004 9.30am
Hola Patricia - I have sent you a private message. Our evening went well on the 12th (although perhaps just one or two vodka shots too many...) and I'm certain we'll have more; either ClaireT or I will post. We are thinking a quieter bar next time as it was rather lively at Don Felipe's.
Wednesday 18 August 2004 9.32pm
Hola. I got your message and replied back. I'll love to join you next time, so, please let me know. All the best, Patricia

Thursday 26 August 2004 9.54am
I'd be up for this on the next outing -- La Bodeguita in the Elephant might be worth a try. If you've ever been to Giros Sur (across the road from there, but more of a lunchtime place I think) you actually have to speak Spanish to be able to order, and there is also the Peruvian place near London Bridge.
Friday 27 August 2004 1.59pm
I'd like to check out La Bodeguita - how would the 9th September be with everyone for another evening of wine and tapas (vodka shots optional)?
Saturday 28 August 2004 4.03am
Me gusta hablas con nuevos amigas (oh dear, a bit rusty I fear!) I'm up for La Bodeguita on the 9th (how about tequila shots? At least it's a bit more in keeping!)
Sunday 29 August 2004 3.17pm
I'm starting Spanish lessons in mid-September and would love to come along to any future events you may have once I can contribute the odd word. However, I'll be an absolute beginner so probably won't be able to see much beyond ordering the bill and asking the directions to the local train station!
Monday 30 August 2004 3.20am
Sounds great to me Eleanor, I haven't spoken Spanish since school (18 yrs ago (sshh)) so I'm really rusty. Ordering off the menu (& drinks obviously - 'tho I can do that in most languages!) sounds about right! Come & speak bad Spanish with me & have a laugh!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions