London SE1 community website

1 Blackfriars Road [Beetham Tower/Jumeirah Hotel]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 18 of 20
Thursday 11 October 2012 1.20pm
From the report

A podium building will be on the corner of Stamford Street and Blackfriars Road where the present slip road wil be removed to provide a wider pavement

I have never understood why the Council have not insisted that not only is there a wider pavement but that the cycle path starts at the Stamford sreet traffic lights. The number of cyclists coming down Blackfriars Road in the mornings is amazing,(and good)but, because there is no cycle track from Stamford street to the bridge, trafic in the left hand lane, buses especially, have to move at the speed of the slowest cycle. And it is uphill so some are hardly moving.

This proximity not only slows the public transport adds to the dangers for cyclists.

Is it too late for the Council to do something sensible?
Thursday 11 October 2012 4.27pm
The Council do something sensible? Surely you jest.
Thursday 12 September 2013 9.13am
Sales exhibition in Hong Kong this weekend

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=16&art_id=137471&sid=40366020&con_type=3&d_str=&fc=7

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 15 September 2013 10.51am
Berekely have announced the apartment prices in today's Sunday Times and online.

www.oneblackfriars.co.uk

Studios: from 899,950

One Beds: from 1,010,000

Two-Beds: from 1,940,000

Three-Beds: from 2,920,000
Sunday 15 September 2013 11.09am
Ah. So we'll all be moving in then. Heavens, who CAN afford those prices? No one I know..
Sunday 15 September 2013 10.52pm
899k must be the affordable housing then!
Monday 16 September 2013 10.48am
Of course! Silly me!
Monday 16 September 2013 10.55am
Crazy prices ... and what's with the boutique hotel? I thought it was all apartments.
Monday 16 September 2013 1.23pm
The hotel will be in the low-rise building on Rennie Street alongside the tower.

Before St George bought the scheme it was the other way round - low-rise residential and high-rise hotel - but they flipped the proposed uses when they took it on.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 September 2013 7.14pm
Just to put the prices in perspective, there is an empty shell in Roupell Street on the market for 750,000. Please form a queue.

I used to live in the street and my next door neighbour told me when he bought his house his brother saw it and phoned his mother to try and dissuade him as he was about to buy a slum.
Current: 18 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions