London SE1 community website

1 Blackfriars Road [Beetham Tower/Jumeirah Hotel]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 19 of 20
Monday 16 September 2013 8.52pm
I think we are entering new territory here.

At first I thought the prices were outlandish - but on checking with zoopla.com - it currently lists a total of 476 properties for sale in the SE1 postal code area, at an average asking price of 992,461.
Tuesday 17 September 2013 2.09pm
And the ONS has just said the average London house price is now 438,000.
Tuesday 17 September 2013 7.27pm
And those ONS figures are only based upon sales with Mortgages - so they don't include cash sales - so the true average could be even higher.
Tuesday 17 September 2013 11.43pm
Absolutely correct

"The ONS index only includes transactions involving a mortgage it does not include cash-only purchases. A substantial proportion of sales are now to cash buyers."

FT

So with my 2bn, what can I buy?

It is a mad world
Thursday 8 January 2015 9.46am
The latest sales pitch:

http://vimeo.com/116099281

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 8 January 2015 12.07pm
James Hatts wrote:
The latest sales pitch:
http://vimeo.com/116099281

Using comedy to sell property is a novel idea, but I like it!
Thursday 8 January 2015 3.17pm
Boy these helicoptering douchebags are in for a real treat when they hit ground level (and their white convertible rolls royce is in for a service) - they have a Bear club (an XXL Gay nightclub), a building site, the back of Sea Containers house and the back of a barely used nuclear hardened building to look forward to.

On the upside i can also recommend the prince Albert pub - it looks like it was built in the 1970s and it was, its full of working people who like to watch the horses and like a little flutter,
The beer garden at the rose and crown is nice, however you might not get on with the clientele, i also can recommend the Tall house restaurant for its inexpensive authentic south London take away Chinese food, none however take centurion amex, or platinum credit cards.

Boy those developers saw you coming.
Zoe
Thursday 8 January 2015 8.07pm
I think we need to make an alterntive video featuring us local residents.
Thursday 8 January 2015 9.00pm
XXL gay night club, not very nice, what if skinny me wants to go there, I'm not actually gay but I do have the uniform ;)
Thursday 8 January 2015 9.52pm
@boroughonian you would be called either a cub or an otter (i shall leave the googling to you)
Current: 19 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions