London SE1 community website

London Open House weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Saturday 28 August 2004 3.50am
OK, bit confused. Is it free to go or do I have to buy/pay to download a guide etc or can I just turn up?
Saturday 28 August 2004 9.07am
You can get all the info for free on the London Open House website - you only have to pay for the booklet itself, whether in paper or electronic form

We will also have details of all the buildings open in SE1 on this website and in the 'SE1 Direct' email newsletter nearer the time.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 28 August 2004 9.30am
I wonder why my search on SE1 turned up no Lambeth places? I must have been very drunk.

Anyway, I recommend one centaur st. It's apartments right next to the railway tracks, squeezed in an odd space and made of concrete.
Sunday 29 August 2004 3.07pm
I want it, I want it, I want it.....please.... 975,000 is just not enough to take the pain away of not being able to afford this piece of heaven. You could get a poxy penthouse flat for more than that, and it wouldn't be anywhere in the same league. I hope whichever lucky person snaps it up really treasures it.
Monday 30 August 2004 3.24am
Not sure about the dodgy purple bathroom - who painted that panneling? Swine! So, as per question above, do I have to buy the booklet or can I just turn up?
Monday 30 August 2004 12.07pm
You need to look at the individual entry for each property -either on the London Open House website http://www.londonopenhouse.org/london/- select Buildings Information and then Online Search

or in the booklet (which is free from libraries) and check whether it is open only by pre-booking - for which there will be phone or electronic contacts, open for timed tours, or open at all times on a first come basis.

In the case of 67 Grange Walk
http://www.londonopenhouse.org/london/search/detail.asp?ftloh_id=5022

Opening Times Sat 10am - 5pm Sun 10am - 5pm
First come basis, queuing if necessary.
There is a "Q" symbol - long queues likely
Wednesday 8 September 2004 7.57pm
Could always scale down a bit. 10 Grange Walk for sale too, panelling looks great.
Thursday 9 September 2004 12.44pm
>> 10 Grange Walk

The rather small mad little Queen Anne house that's 575k?

Friday 10 September 2004 12.06pm
No, that was number 8. Sold now I think. 10 has got a new 'for sale' sign up, with Daniel Cobb.
Friday 10 September 2004 12.18pm
10 Grange Walk. Queen Anne property - on first & second floors: 1 recep; 2 beds; kitchen-diner. Price on application, for sale by auction.

Whilst having a look for it, a bit off-topic, here is a mavellous example of estate-agent speak:

Wordsworth Road, London SE1
An exceptional 4 bedroom interior design terraced town house locate in a quiet cul de sac. The property is offered fully furnished items include home entertainment system with 61 inch TV, television in every bedroom that are weird to sky tv, garden furniture and top off the range fittings
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions