London SE1 community website

London Open House weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 10 September 2004 1.23pm
sky tv is weird.
Friday 10 September 2004 11.00pm

Grange Walk looks great - but it is a bit far away for my liking. 10 Park Street is the one I would be after...
Saturday 11 September 2004 12.56am
Mapmaker wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 10 Grange Walk. Queen Anne property - on first
> & second floors: 1 recep; 2 beds;
> kitchen-diner. Price on application, for sale by
> auction.
>
>
>
>

A couple of weeks ago it was on the market for 375k (or something like that). I wonder why it's now going to auction? But I still think we should club together for the big house. It has 5 bedrooms - so that's potentially 10 of us putting in 100k each - any takers?

Saturday 18 September 2004 1.09pm
Just been to see it - no queues! (Unlike the gherkin - arrived at 10am to find several thousand people - no exaggeration - already there.) It is a pleasantly lived-in house, unlike 1-4 Swan Mead which is (in my opinion) unbearably soulless - I do love space, light and minimalism, but this is too characterless.

10 people sharing a house? Cleaning duties would at least come round infrequently, but what would the bathroom queue be like?

Off to see some more buildings and a bit of Thames Festival now - see you all at the 'firing on the foreshore' tonight?
Sunday 19 September 2004 9.56am
TLMJJ,
First you want to marry Maurits inorder to get your hands of his flat, and then you suggest ten sharing.

Just how badly do you want to get on the property ladder.

Perhaps time for general advice to the forum not to invite you round - you might want to move in.

Incidently you don't give pairings. You and Maurits, Birdie and Matchmaker. Roadrunner is already spoken for. RedBus and Siduhe? Tharg with Ivanhoe's bearded wife? That probably leaves TUMJ with Michael (spelling is not my strong point) Salkeid or Rabbie. And Harriet waiting for the postman. My choice is Deidre.

Sarah

Monday 20 September 2004 10.20am
I think the hirsute Mrs I ought to share with Mr I. I might be prepared to pitch in with barkyhead, although his 20-a-day pork pie habit tends to leave a lot of crumbs in the bed.
Monday 20 September 2004 7.19pm
TUMJ

I went to see the Gherkin queue too, I was impressed by its sinuous nature and how it reflected all of humanity and also expressed the pointlessness of existence. Just imagine how fed up people were when they got to the front and found they had not been in the London Dungeon queue.
Monday 20 September 2004 10.36pm
What impressed me was how all those people could look so happy, with what was obviously going to be several hours wait in front of them.

There was almost a queue of people looking at the queue.
Wednesday 22 September 2004 1.35am
Centaur St was really interesting.
Wednesday 22 September 2004 2.56am
David M. Anderson - I love your SOH, was LOL, but are you American? Feel like there should be a III at the end of your name...**??**!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions