London SE1 community website

Topnotch Gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 12 October 2004 3.57pm
I have been a member of topnotch for a year now and although I find the staff to be a little dim at the best of times and the changing rooms quite dirty (especially at the end of the day) I have to keep going because of the big dark room with the large tv screen. I am addicted to that room otherwise I would be at Cottons with my boyfriend who refuses to join TN because he thinks it is way too filthy. It is. I just wear flip flops. I would not really recommend this gym to anyone to be honest.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 2.14pm
I use it three times a week and to be honest I've never found it THAT dirty.

Mind you, I'm within walking distance and shower at home, so I don't use the showers.

It's OK. The new pool looks as if it's going to be nicer. The staff are perfectly friendly. And the dark room is a good touch.

All sorts of little things about it irritate me. But I try not to live my life by the gym and most of them are bearable.
Wednesday 13 October 2004 3.43pm
The showers are actually one of the parts I ike best. Fantastic water pressure and a nice sauna.

I, too, like the dark room.

=pen=
Saturday 27 November 2010 11.17pm
Does anyone have membership prices they are willing to reveal?
Sunday 28 November 2010 6.18pm
Yeah, sure,

I pay about 50 per month. James (btw, I love the speed of the new server, great stuff!) - would you get into any legal trouble if I disclose this?

If not, I think we should have a gym price thread, which we could keep updated. I despise the dodgy practices that gyms indulge in - they're real sharks (try and cancel your membership at Topnotch for an illustration), and sharing the membership prices would enable us all to keep an eye on them. I wanted to change to soho gyms, but I took umbrage to the fact that they wanted to get me in and give me the hard sell, rather than just tell me what a standard membership would be. If anyone wants to share what a standard membership is, please feel free, assuming that we won't get James into hot water.
Monday 29 November 2010 2.38pm
Hi all,
I am the MD for Soho Gyms. Not sure why our prices were not given out but we have always published them on our website http://www.sohogyms.com/index.php?page=how-much-long-term . In addition, we are happy for people to try our gyms first so feel free to contact any of our team.
Mike Crockett, MD Soho Gyms
Tuesday 30 November 2010 10.21pm
Off-peak, 9-5 (?) weekdays and anytime at weekends, at Topnotch 38p.m.
Wednesday 1 December 2010 6.25pm
Hi all,

My name is Chris Joy. I am the club manager at Soho Gyms Borough.

As Mike our MD mentioned we are happy for people to try out our gyms first. Please send me an email to [email protected] and I will arrange a free day for you.

Kind regards,

Chris
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions