London SE1 community website

Wild's Rents/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Tuesday 1 February 2005 10.30am
I didn't realise shrinking violets had gone, I thought that was a great place, and if I'd not read this, it's where I'd have been going for flowers for the wife for vallentines day this year...!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 10.45am
harry yanos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> where's Ivanhoe?

busy painting my new kebab shop :0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 1 February 2005 1.09pm
as i live very close to there and walk past every day if i see anyone working in there or re painting the doorstep I will ask them what it is going to be and let you all know!

there was a kebab shop along there before but i think it disappeared - i guess with The Ship no longer a pub and the Simon becoming more upmarket the late night trade died off!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 2.35pm
I've told you, I'm turning it into a gastro-bab.

I'll be sourcing all the meat from The Glowing Sheep (Chernobyl) Inc, and saucing it with the finest condiments from Thames Water.

I will litter your communal lobbies with badly spelt leeflets, and will be incredibly unfriendly to children (apart from the under age ones I will let run loose on falling-apart mopeds with delivery boxes on the back).

I will, however, operate a unique service that lets you send money home.

Tuesday 1 February 2005 3.13pm
All sounds fantastic, Ivanhoe, but why that ghastly blue?

Anything to do with failing eyesight!!!!????
Tuesday 1 February 2005 3.56pm
JonR Wrote:
> I didn't realise shrinking violets had gone

Yes, it's being replaced by my new venture, "Thinking Violence". You come in and give me your money, or I exterminate you.

Tuesday 1 February 2005 4.00pm
Just to think this was the old cider shop!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 5.37pm
Julie Wrote:
> All sounds fantastic, Ivanhoe, but why that
> ghastly blue?
>
> Anything to do with failing eyesight!!!!????

LOL Julie. Hoist by my own.....(which would almost certainly bring so many tears to my eyes that my eyesight would be failing for some considerable time)

We chose that colour as I thought it'd best compliment the skin tone of the Observer Food reviewer when we get him standing on the steps for our publicity material, munching on my massive doner.

Tuesday 1 February 2005 7.59pm
Thank you Ivanhoe-ho. Your comments brought tears to my eyes also. Too much sauce methinks!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 8.48pm
What about the cat?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions