London SE1 community website

Wild's Rents/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Monday 28 February 2005 4.22pm
What's it going to be called & when is it due to open?
One for the Lunch Club methinks.
Jac
Tuesday 1 March 2005 8.57am
Don't get too excited plum, whilst a deli would be wonderful, I' m not sure how it will be able to serve food in the basement as the planning application for change of use from shop (A1) to fast food take away (A3) was turned down, as I mentioned earlier on the thread. As a eatin restaurant is in the same business class as take away (A3 use) I can't see how they would be able to sell food on an eat in basis. I checked the southwark web site, the application was turned down on the basis of loss of retail, fumes and parking and there does not appear to be another application in for that property.

KC where do you get your information from, I do hope the deli bit is right, I don't think there is anyone on this forum who wouldn't like to see a decent deli open in the area.
Tuesday 1 March 2005 9.01am
I don't care if they open a deli or not.

I just want to send money to Ledbury.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 1 March 2005 1.22pm
Gosh, I wish Southwark Council had been so on the ball when they allowed flipping NANDO's to have their beastly extractor fan running up the middle of our courtyard in Metro Central Heights so that the whole place smells like a branch of KFC (or Nando's come to that). We have Nando's and Wetherspoons belching out fumes constantly which is a bummer.
KC
Monday 21 March 2005 6.31pm
Hi all,

The deli, not a trattoria as well so take out only, will be open until 20:00hrs and will also be working with a good chef so that complete meals can be ordered to much at home.

Not my own premises but neighbours of the prospective owners - not sure of exact opening date but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Monday 21 March 2005 7.33pm
Can't wait!
Jac
Tuesday 22 March 2005 11.41am
Sounds good although, I still can't see how they can do take out as A3 consent was turned down or is that the reason for the delay in openingh, I have seen anything happen there for a good couple of weeks?
Tuesday 22 March 2005 2.12pm
Why has Southwark council got this obsession with office space at the expense of food and retail? They'll turn us into Rotherhithe before long.
Jac
Tuesday 22 March 2005 10.37pm
Samuel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why has Southwark council got this obsession with
> office space at the expense of food and retail?
> They'll turn us into Rotherhithe before long.

The A3 use (restaurant//take away use) was turned down for among other reasons the loss of retail space (A1) which is it current planning status, so in this case they want it to remain retail space.
Wednesday 23 March 2005 8.24am
Thanks, Jac. Interesting.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions