London SE1 community website

Wild's Rents/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Thursday 7 April 2005 1.27pm
New signage in the windows say 'Fine Food' ... I hope so as I am starving!
Thursday 7 April 2005 3.59pm
Fine Food should be a success given its location. I was struck by how small in scale the block at the corner of Wilds Rents is today, compared to adjacent and opposite blocks.

I wonder if this translates into market pressure on the owners to sell into redevelopment?

How do smaller scale buildings survive when the pressure to increase density is so great?

Regards to all

Niall
Thursday 7 April 2005 4.29pm
For a contrast in scale locally, take a look at the relationship between the looming Tabard Tower and the proximity of the whole development to the houses on Tabard Street. It's impossible to ignore because it now dominates the local skyline from any viewpoint - and it's not even finished.
Thursday 7 April 2005 11.25pm
Hi all

Haven't been following this thread, but does Jilly's bar still exist?
Friday 15 April 2005 3.46pm
Even more signage today. I have to say it, the garish blue actually looks rather good now that the logos have gone in ... it's a bold statement, and rather elegant. Hopefully the food really will be fine and not faux-fine.
Monday 18 April 2005 9.20am
Its going to be called Miss Jones and signage comes with some Turn of century Parisian style illustration. We like.
Monday 18 April 2005 10.31am
Am impressed with what I see so far! Looks promising.... Since I live in Blue Lion Place, I'm hoping that the food on offer will be interesting and good value for money too. Am awaiting with anticipation....
Wednesday 20 April 2005 6.32pm
Catmeat too sineous for kebabs. Lamb ideal; perfect ratio of fat to flesh......
Jac
Thursday 21 April 2005 5.55pm
I think Miss Jones must be a bit of a tease. The buildings repainted and a new shop front put in and then nothing for several weeks. Then lights and nothing, then a sign saying fine foods, another wait and most recently the name and address and more art work as part of the signage and then again another wait to see what happens next. With all this build up of anticiaption of good things to come we could end up disapointed when it finally arrives.
Tuesday 26 April 2005 9.48am
Internal spot lights have been installed and through the windowlene, with nose pressed to glass, I can make out some rather nice looking old dresser-type shopfittings ...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions