London SE1 community website

Wild's Rents/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Thursday 5 May 2005 11.00am
chrismingay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More info relating to Miss Jones deli..........
>
> "when i say community i don't mean council
> sponsored. it's a group of
> private local home owners who decided to take
> their environment and
> what happened to it into their own hands. by
> challenging the change
> of use to a take away kebab shop and raising the
> money to purchase the
> freehold, design the shop and name of the deli."

I think it's a really interesting idea - and I'm all in favour of people putting in a bit of time and effort to try and shape their local community in a positive way. There's obviously a market for this deli (just look how excited we all got about it !). So I guess they just need to try and find someone to take it on ?

JonR, don't suppose you and Mrs R fancy a deli instead of a pub do you ? [TFIC].

Seriously though, I'd be amazed if someone on this forum didn't know someone with an entreprenerial streak who might be interested...I'm certainly going to ask a couple of people I know.

Chris, what's the email address again ?

Thursday 5 May 2005 11.58am
The email address is [email protected]

A lady by the name of Laura appears to be checking emails and replying...

Chris
Thursday 5 May 2005 12.13pm
What a fantastic idea. Jac, what are your thoughts about it?
Jac
Thursday 5 May 2005 12.59pm
Maurits - I know a little more about the shop now including that there has already been some interest in it and looks almost certain we will get our much desired deli at sometime in the future. I think is a potential gold mine but, as for me I wouldn't have the know how to run a deli or the business knowledge required to go into a partnership with this venture so i'll stick to recipe development and food styling but I will be givening the shop my full support when it opens.
Thursday 5 May 2005 4.35pm
Same for me; wouldn't know how to run a shop let alone how to cook professionally. But indeed, it will have our support!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions