London SE1 community website

Fame Academy comes to SE1?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Saturday 5 March 2005 12.31pm
I don't want to put the kiss of death on this, but, to my pleasant surprise, we live on Boss Street and we've not had any noise or disruption (apart from the waste of our licence fee) from Lame Academy....

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 5 March 2005 12.32pm by Craig.
Wednesday 9 March 2005 1.56pm
Thought I would share this, which I've been forwarded from a colleague's intranet where it appeared last week. Never have I been so pleased to be outside someone's target audience age range:

"Free Television Tickets For Comic Relief Does Fame Academy On BBC3

"We are inviting fun, lively, noisy people to join the audience for the LIVE performance of Fame Academy on BBC3. This is going to be a fun night out and one NOT TO BE MISSED.

"The companion show hosted by CLAUDIA WINKLE MAN, takes a more in-depth look on what goes on in The Academy and the live performances of 'the students' (celebrities in the House, they are called 'students).

"Claudia will be talking to the 'student' who has been thrown off the show by your votes and there will be special guest/bands from the music world to chat about the performance of the 'student' and discussion about the goings-on in The Academy.

"Where - The shows take place at St Olaves School, Tooley Street, London SE1 2JRT. The School is at the bottom end of Tooley Street near Tower Bridge.
[Dates and times deleted]

"NOTE: We do need people for next week so if you are free, please can you help us out for Wed, Thurs and Fri

"4 TICKETS PER APPLICANT - We will be doing 2 shows during the evening and hospitality will be offered to you during the break between the 2 shows. [LR - that explains a lot]

"The age suitable for this show is 18-35 . As all members of the audience will be seen on camera will want you all to DRESS TO IMPRESS.
Wednesday 9 March 2005 2.08pm
I've been quite enjoying Fame Academy. I have a soft spot for Adrian Edmondson, though, that can be traced back to The Young Ones. I wish I had tickets!
Wednesday 9 March 2005 4.13pm
My mother is 60 and is addicted to Fame Academy, so much so that a recent (and quite rare)daughterly offer to spend the evening with her was unequivocally turned down in favour of her staying in and watching Fame Academy!
(Mind you, this is the woman, who, when I was travelling in SAmerica and managed to get to finally ring home, said, 'Home and Away is on, call me back in an hour).
Wednesday 9 March 2005 5.36pm
I also enjoy it. It seems 'cleaner fun' than the X factor and I like seeing the 'students' develop. TLMJJ, we'll go together next year!
Wednesday 9 March 2005 11.34pm
I enjoyed the first celebrity fame academy even if all the celebrity contestants were taking it to seriously.

Its goods to see the college building being highlighted as an attractive riverside venue.Especially as the river side of the building was slagged off so much by Berkeley homes

I find it more attractive than the front of the building.

I found it strange that they never showed its Tower Bridge location in long shot.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 9 March 2005 11.43pm by mickysalt.
Wednesday 9 March 2005 11.44pm
They have showed it's location in long shot - I remember getting all excited by the view the first time it was on.
Thursday 10 March 2005 12.48am
I mustn't have watched enough to see that.

Some of the rooms inside had nice views as well.
Thursday 10 March 2005 12.11pm
Go Adrian go!

[Sadly no affiliation, relationship or email contact with the above ...]
Tuesday 15 March 2005 7.36pm
Interesting that they only want audience members who are 'noisy'.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions