London SE1 community website

Fame Academy comes to SE1?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 15 March 2005 9.23pm
For all the SE1 spotters out there the trailer on at the moment for a Graham Norton fronted show 'Strictly Dance Fever' seems to feature Borough Market and [at the end] the backdrop of a building I know I've seen but can't quite place. However, the show is being recorded at the TV Centre studios so no steamy salsa demos to sample locally.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.07pm
I saw that trailer earlier today, and was sure I recognised the building as well. It's been driving me mad trying to place it for the last hour. Oh please put me out of my misery, someone.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 11.09pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh please put me out of my misery, someone.

Bit extreme TLMJJ!

Saturday 19 March 2005 11.27pm
Can anyone post a video capture of the offending building? I do like a challenge. Or maybe the clip is not on anymore.
Sunday 20 March 2005 12.54pm
I think it may the building opposite The Ragged School on Union Street? The roof line is similar to the one featured briefly in the background on the trailer and I did see a film crew in action in that neck of the woods a few weeks ago. Not certain, but I haven't spotted any other candidates. I hope that alleviates some of TLMJJs pain.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 20 March 2005 12.56pm by janefs.
Sunday 20 March 2005 8.17pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 20 March 2005 8.27pm
It looks like the school just behind the Imperial War Museum to me - on the main road that runs between E&C and Westminster Bridge ...
Sunday 20 March 2005 9.09pm
Charlotte Sharman Primary?
Sunday 20 March 2005 10.50pm
Now I've seen the stills I'm not sure - it looks like a number of school buildings in London!
Sunday 20 March 2005 10.56pm
All Victorian schools kind of look like each other. But that strange part-parapet and railings on the top right are quite distinctive. We shall have to all walk round with our eyes open until we've got it.

Thanks for obliging, James.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions