London SE1 community website

The Scotia on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
dj
Friday 2 August 2002 2.02pm
Cheers for the offer of help Tess, will be much appreciated!
Where is Simon the Tanner?
The Leather Exchange sounds pretty cool too. I've heard of Sunday Best in Clapham, never went though...Been thinking that SE1 needs something wicked musically, and in a cool venue, so will start thinking about it now... :-)
Friday 2 August 2002 2.12pm
Simon the Tanner is on Long Lane, just walk down bermondsey street (away from London bridge) and turn right at the end, walk 500 years and bettys your aunt, its on your right.
Friday 2 August 2002 3.52pm
Sounds good y'all,
I am a music nut and would like to get involved setting up a regular night. Just fun + funk. (& a million other genres).
Friday 2 August 2002 4.24pm
we should all meet in said pub/pubs to have a think about how we can bring some fun to SE1!
Friday 2 August 2002 4.33pm
i'd be up for that too, pub crawl/review would have to accept switch though!

seriously I'd love to get involved in something like this around here, I think the Leather Exchange is only open sunday lunchtimes at the minute, would be ideal Sunday evening chill as there is no real residential next to it.
Friday 2 August 2002 5.14pm
Good idea

Leather Exchange is a real contender. Please let me know if you arrange a meeting to discuss all of this. I am not back online unilt Monday though. 3 of my friends have started a night in Clerkenwell so it can be done ! I have loads of music, decks etc.
Sunday 4 August 2002 4.04pm
I have just discovered this forum, and strangely was discussing this with friends nearby. I have a far fetched plan for opening a bar...I think this could gain some momentum
dj
Monday 5 August 2002 8.58am
Wicked! loadsa people up for it! why don't we get everyone together beginning-ish of September... if that suits everyone... weeknight, say a wednesday could be good?
Be great to get together and have a chat about it - seems like there could be alot of support for it.

Have a 400 watt sound system (&amp) which is quite good for smaller rooms, or could combine with a larger system for a larger space if anyone knows anyone with one? Have some mates who also have some great music, and more who work in design studios, so design of flyers no problem if needed. They're probably a good way to promote it locally - do a door drop. Do some cheeky flyposters too...
magic roundabout
Monday 5 August 2002 9.32am
hi, don't want to butt in on your excellent idea but a great friend of mine runs the SE1 venue in the arches underneath London Bridge Station. They have allsorts of capacities in there which might be of interest to you lot.
Even if you are just sticking to a sunday/pub/chillout thing, then he might be a good guy to get involved with (he also lives and breathes the area - knows every pub etc..).
Just a thought but I know how fun it can be doing this as i used to have a weekly club night in Camden a long, long time ago!!
GO FOR IT!!
dj
Monday 5 August 2002 9.42am
What's the venue?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions