London SE1 community website

The Scotia on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Monday 9 September 2002 1.26pm
Thanks for the tip, Mike. As a vegetarian I, too, get fed up with the limited fare on offer, so am looking forward to trying the Scotia.

By the way, there is a proper term for those who eat fish but not meat - pescatarian. Has a nice ring to it....
Wednesday 18 September 2002 12.14pm
Thanks for the terminology Lady Jo Jo, I will now use pescatarian.
The Scotia's food is good - but I do wish they would not convert the pub to a loud football stadium. Maybe I am old fashioned, and prefer quiet. But the craze for wall to wall noise , and football in pubs, is maddening. What is the matter with conversation. And those people who must shout out invocations, abuse, and cheers are irritating. Do they not realise that TV is a one way mediium, not full duplex.

Mike Boyle
Sunday 22 September 2002 11.48pm
Just to let people know we are starting a Jazz night at the Leather Exchange on the first Tuesday of every month, we will make it more often if we get a positive response. With regard to Sundays we tried opening last winter after numerous requests initially it was great but as soon as the summer rolled around it just was not viable - maybe everyone goes away. We may try again later. Cheers
Kate Torkington
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions