London SE1 community website

Life in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 11 January 2005 5.01pm
We (the professor and I) are naturally gregarious, and live in a HUGE block of flats where we seem to have met all sorts of people even though we've only been in there since last May. We took the plunge and signed up for Plum's splendidly organised Christmas party which was TERRIFIC and even if we are rather old and decrepit we had a great time and hope to be seeing everyone again SOOOOOOn, so you're included of course. Cider drinking seems to be on the agenda at some point, and we are keen to have everyone around to our terrace in the summer...we could hold about 50 people very comfortably, and 100 if they really want to get to know eachother. Anyway, keep posting, and you'll get to know the gang. Own up, are you M or F, and are you young and giddy or old and staid....
Tuesday 11 January 2005 5.35pm
Marvellous, thanks everyone. Didn't want to just turn up looking like a lost knot so maybe Andrea1 and I can make our entrance together. Having a baby is a little drastic but I've heard it works. I don't live in a block and I am not sure if I count as a trendy young professional ( female, late 30's) and my neighbours are not the social sort. I may well think about "starting something" but the various socials also sound fun. Crucial question: when is the next one?
Cheers all,
Java (not really a moniker-my initials)
Anonymous User
Tuesday 11 January 2005 5.42pm
There's nothing un-young about late 30's Java!
Tuesday 11 January 2005 5.57pm
Not the way I'm feeling this January.......something shocking.
java
Anonymous User
Tuesday 11 January 2005 6.06pm
Sounds like you need a drink with some friendly locals!
Tuesday 11 January 2005 7.18pm
I'd echo the comments on here Java - like you, I found it sort of tricky to meet people around here, but think the forum is fab - I haven't made it to a social yet (things just seem to keep getting in the way), but have met the fab Plum and the fun Mr Plum too! Here's hoping nothing stops me coming to the next one to meet all the other folks.
Tuesday 11 January 2005 11.05pm
Evening classes sound a bit hackneyed, but Morley College is really great and there are lots of interesting courses on offer. I did one and - without it being my aim - met some great people who lived locally.
Thursday 13 January 2005 3.30pm
A good place to meet locals is the River Bar on Tower Bridge Road every Thursday night. Alan Beachey's Bright Stars of Jazz play there each week between approx. 9 and 11pm. They're a professional 7 piece Chicago style band. It's free too.
Thursday 13 January 2005 3.45pm
... if trad's your bag
Thursday 13 January 2005 3.48pm
Phil: do you get a chance to get up on stage and sing "Don't you want me?"
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions