London SE1 community website

Caterer in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 16 January 2005 6.53pm
Having 15 people over from France and need a caterer for a buffet dinner- anyone any suggestions?
Monday 17 January 2005 9.27am
These guys are more corporate caterers, but I'm sure they don't mind who they're catering for:

http://www.flyingchef.co.uk - based in Great Suffolk Street

Pricey, but my old company used to use them and liked them...
Monday 17 January 2005 12.08pm
Not SE1 based, but in Battersea, is someone I know and have used before called Sarah Nops. She used to work at Good Housekeeping as a cookery consultant and tester and she made an fantastic weekend's worth of food for 12 of us having a country house weekend. The costs were very reasonable, especially when compared with Waitrose entertaining ranges etcetc, and the quality.
Her email is [email protected] and she's very nice too!
Tell her I sent you...

Tuesday 18 January 2005 12.40pm
There is a company called Tastes in Crimscott Street
020 7232 2325

/www.tastescatering.com

They may only do buffets and lunches but its a worth a look
Thursday 20 January 2005 9.09am
thanks everyone, will have a look!
Thursday 20 January 2005 4.37pm
Waitrose do catering packages for buffets, dinner, etc. You can check them out on their website:
http://www.waitrosedeliver.com/wdeliver/app/shop?op=wtrEntertaining&siteCode=BI

It asks you to sign in, but if you just put your post code in you can see if they deliver to your area, from there you'll get yes we can/no we can't - choose the 'Let me browse the site' option.

If they don't deliver can order & pick up etc.

Thursday 20 January 2005 6.34pm
I can recommend Karen Liddell-Grainger on 020 7565 0185 or 07860 400569. She recently did a friend's birthday party at Greenwich boating club and everyone raved. I have known her and family since early '90s.
Thursday 10 February 2005 4.15pm
Maukie, I have some spare sausage rolls you can have. Love sam xxx

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions