London SE1 community website

Demise of public loos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 19 January 2005 2.47pm
and there's not even a McDonalds on the way
(loos are the only thing McDonalds are good for)
Anonymous User
Wednesday 19 January 2005 2.56pm
There's a KFC - do they have loos? (Or is that what the bucket is for?)

Also Tesco on Dunton Road - that does, doesn't it?
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.17pm
cottaging ....humm....is that like homesteading!
Wednesday 19 January 2005 3.47pm
nancy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and there's not even a McDonalds on the way
> (loos are the only thing McDonalds are good
> for)

Once a few years ago in Paris I was in a rather dodgy area out near the perepherique and, desperate for the loo, I popped into a McDonalds startling two gents who were doing a drug deal (or so I assume - bundles of cash in one hand, small wrapped plastic packets in the other) - and they very kindly stepped outside while I went, before nipping back in to finish the deal. They say the Parisians are rude - but I thought very considerate.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 4.12pm
I just quickly skimmed through this thread, and mis-read NCG's comment, "It earns me extra points on Weight Watchers!!!!" as an answer to Ivanhoe's question in post 30293!

Anonymous User
Wednesday 19 January 2005 4.42pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just quickly skimmed through this thread, and
> mis-read NCG's comment, "It earns me extra points
> on Weight Watchers!!!!" as an answer to Ivanhoe's
> question in post 30293!
>
>

It would - Weight Watchers may not actually use the word "cottaging" in their literature but, reading between the lines in their exercise categories, you would earn extra points for the exertion!
Wednesday 19 January 2005 5.51pm
Birdie,

I reckon cottaging must be better (in terms of calories burned) than the equivalent sex acts performed in private and in a warm indoor environment.

The combination of nervous energy (worry of being caught) and the extra energy you need to operate at lower temp's should surely burn off more calories.

In fact, following this line of logic leads me to think that dogging (fully outdoors, so colder) must be the ultimate in WeightWatchers-approved sex. Unless of course you have no shame and aren't burning off anything worrying about being caught (in which case you might be burning off calories of joy at the anticipation of being caught. It's quite complex once you come to think about it).

Oh, and before I go. Should I tell you that me and Mrs I made a game called "Cottaging" for Christmas?

No. I thought not.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.09pm
Ban this filth! =====> chatter forum

[TFIC]Comic banter on the SE1 discussion forum should have regard for decorum and family values ...

[/TFIC]

But seriously - and James isn't paying me to say this - because it is ranked so highly on Google this Forum gets random hits from people worldwide looking for factual information on the area. Many of them may be more easily offended than metropolitan SE1 loft-dwellers.

Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.21pm
Hear! Hear!

and no Ivanhoe, you didn't tell us the name of that aforementioned game, but you did tell us you were making one.

I think I'm slightly less inclined than previously to come round for a 'night in playing games'...
Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.35pm
Sadly, a lot of public conveniences have been closed down because of cottaging. According to Southwark's website, there are only 5 public conveniences in SE1, one of which caters only for ladies. (I mean five sites, not five loos!) For a list, go here: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/environment/PublicToilets.html

NCG, there is a McDonalds just by B&Q which must have loos you can use without making too much of a detour.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions