London SE1 community website

Demise of public loos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.35pm
"Oh, and before I go. Should I tell you that me and Mrs I made a game called "Cottaging" for Christmas?"

Ivanhoe tried to get me involved in a pre-Christmas game of "Cottaging" - I'm still not sure what he meant !
Anonymous User
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.07am
LR - Agreed that this thread should probalby be in chatter now but really it is quite lighthearted banter and on a topic that has been plastered all over the popular press thanks to a certain incident involving a certain 80's pop icon...

Dogging Ivanhoe? In this weather? Reminds me of a favourit Churchill quote. When interrupted at a dinner function in the middle of a particularly cold spell, to be informed that one of his troops had been caught in a compromising position with a young lady in Green Park replied to the messenger "In this weather? Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?"
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.39am
Careful LR. Denial of my right to campaign for the rehabilitation of the word "cottaging" into the general vocabulary could be construed in a most negative light. This would frighten horses and put off visitors to the are (Hooray!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 January 2005 2.13pm
I have rerouted via Tesco thanks, as for the additional ways of earning weight watchers points en route I think I will pass on that
but thanks

NCG
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.14pm
LOL! Loved the Churchill story so much Birdie that I e-mailed it to my brothers & sisters!
NCG, sorry your first post has been met with some naughtiness, we get a bit carried away sometimes - hope it hasn't put you off us. Think I'll stick to homesteading too
Thursday 20 January 2005 11.18pm
Which do you think is more likely: people worldwide googling for SE1 and being offended by our cottaging banter, or people googling for cottaging and being captivated and delighted by our talk of SE1?
Friday 21 January 2005 12.14am
a woman I know had just heard about the concept of cottaging...... but when she excitedly told me she got tthe terminology wrong............ she called it " bungalowing"..

well i suppose they are related.

does this post consign the topic to chatter ?
Sal
Monday 31 January 2005 12.49pm
OPENING HOURS FOR SOUTHWARK LOOS
Area Location Opening hours Disabled Access
Elephant & Castle SE1 30 metres from the junction of Walworth Road and Elephant Road 24 hours
(automatic toilet) Yes
Harper Road SE1 50 meters from junction with Borough High Street 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Hopton Street SE1 By Express Newspapers building - Ladies only 6.30am to 6.30pm No
Tooley Street SE1 25 metres from junction with Tower Bridge Road - Ladies only 6.30am to 6.30pm No
Union Street SE1 At junction with Great Suffolk Street - Mens urinal only 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Camberwell Green SE5 On the green opposite the junction with Denmark Hill 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Camberwell Road SE5 Opposite junction with Westmoreland Road 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Atwell Street SE15 15 metres from junction with Rye Lane 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Ambrose Street SE16 15 metres from junction with Southwark Park Road 6.30am to 6.30pm Yes
Dawes Street SE17 Adjacent to market offices Closed Monday;
Tues-Fri 6.00am-6.00pm;
Sat-Sun 6.00am-4.00pm No
Portland Street SE17 At junction with East Street Closed Monday
Tues-Fri 6.00am-6.00pm;
Sat-Sun 6.00am-4.00pm No
East Dulwich Grove SE22 15 metres from junction with Rye Lane 24 hours
(automatic toilet) Yes
Lordship Lane SE22 At junction with Woolwarde Road 24 hours
(automatic toilet) No
Monday 31 January 2005 1.10pm
Why does not Southwark reinstate Toilet Attendants?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions