London SE1 community website

Good food in Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 24 January 2005 11.42am
Baltic's a bit expensive, but the food's brilliant.

We had our Christmas do there, and loved it. I've also been on a Sunday night when they've got live jazz on and had a terrific meal.

The only danger is when you start testing the vodkas - it's too good a restaurant to forget...

Tuesday 25 January 2005 11.07am
Thanks everyone i now have loads of choice too much in fact for only 3 days but i will let you know my opinion
Andi
x
Tuesday 25 January 2005 12.13pm
if you fancy meeting some of us for beer/wine/social to make it less boring (if you're on your own), then tell us when you'll be around, and maybe some of us can meet up.
Tuesday 25 January 2005 2.39pm
We went to Baltic for New Years Eve. One of my party is a food critic and writer for a national glossy magazine and he has been there more than once and enjoyed the food. the cocktails are also good and it's quite a nice place to go on a date.
Tuesday 25 January 2005 4.26pm

Yes. Baltic's food is great and the cocktails fine (and the service good too).

On a couple of visits recently though, I have found the customers a bit LAIRY - it was on a Saturday night, not sure if it attracts a different crowd then. Conseq. have started avoiding it.
Tuesday 25 January 2005 5.57pm
Saturday nights at Baltic do seem very different, have walked past a few times and been a little surprised by the people there. Loud, lairy and posturing with sports cars pulled up outside.

Weekdays it's very much a 'working' crowd, as far as I can see.

Maybe I'm just jealous? But I don't like to wear that kind of belt as a skirt ;-)
Wednesday 26 January 2005 1.46pm
Hi Jon
That would be nice .
Im not visiting until the end of feb with my sister.
Wednesday 26 January 2005 6.01pm
red bus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> On a couple of visits recently though, I have
> found the customers a bit LAIRY - it was on a
> Saturday night, not sure if it attracts a
> different crowd then. Conseq. have started
> avoiding it.

Is SE1 attracting morons from vile places like Camden?
Thursday 27 January 2005 12.59pm
Zappomatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> red bus Wrote:
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > On a couple of visits recently though, I
> have
> > found the customers a bit LAIRY - it was on
> a
> > Saturday night, not sure if it attracts a
> > different crowd then. Conseq. have
> started
> > avoiding it.
>
> Is SE1 attracting morons from vile places like
> Camden?
>

Well, I did wonder where these people came from. And then I thought, it is nicer when there is a post-work crowd there, so maybe (and I hate to admit this) some of the people whi live in SE1 are a bit chav-like (although with more money, tighter trousers and shorter skirts). Obviously I assume that all who live near Baltic are the kind of cool urban groovsters who post on SE1. But maybe not...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions