London SE1 community website

Good clubs in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 18 February 2005 3.39pm
'Closed down' ie liquidated under the old ownership and then re-opened under new management (there's a discussion about this somewhere in the archives).

I seriously recommend though, if you happen to be passing under what I call "Billie-Jean Way" ie underneath London Bridge where there are blue lights under the pavement that flash on and off (and you can pretend to be Michael Jackson), that you take a peek into the door of Wicked - it gives you a tempting glimpse of what lies beyond....gets me going every time......
Friday 18 February 2005 3.59pm
Hooray!!!

A new "Wicked" thread.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 19 February 2005 3.02pm
I've actually been inside Wicked briefly (long story) but trust me, I wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a really strong stomach!
Saturday 5 March 2005 11.53am
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd warn people NOT to go to the SEOne club in Weston Street. After paying 15 to get in, I was treated extremely badly by a member of staff there. I was repeatedly sworn at just for asking for a drink. Later the barwoman put her arm round my neck and told me to 'get the f*ck out of here'. Before you jump to conclusions and suspect that I had done something to provoke this, I would like to say that I had simply said in a lighthearted way 'Any chance of a free drink?' Obviously certain members of staff do not have any sort of a sense of humour and do not know how to treat paying customers.

So, if you would like to have a good night out please don't go near Weston Street - your money will be welcome but you won't!!

Saturday 5 March 2005 8.46pm
Plum

I'd be happy to hear the story however long. . .
Sunday 6 March 2005 5.16pm
You should go and see Tropicana at the Shunt vaults. It's not really clubbing, but is a sensory experience and a good night out in the area.

Other than that - there's a night called 'Fiasco' being run by a mate of mine playing funky but chunky house, in the River Bar on Tower Bridge on April 2nd. It goes on til 1am, and if it's a success it should go on to be a monthly event.

The River Bar's quite nice downstairs now and an intimate capacity too (bout 70 I think). If I wasn't Djing elsewhere that night, I'd be down there!

The unofficial after party is in the seOne club's in-house night, 'Just the One'. That's a soulful and funky, and more electro tinged house night with DJ's who play regularly on the London circuit, April 2nd is Bobby & Steve and DJ Lewi, Kriss Darang and Dave Lynam. I'd agree with chrismingay that the seOne club is a good one to try.

Hope it helps, clubbing in seOne is getting there, slowly!

Monday 7 March 2005 1.20pm
Tee hee hee!

It seems that although Wicked may have closed down, bdsm/fetish is returning to haunt the area.

Why?

Torture Garden are holding their Birthday bash at the SeOne on May 7th...

OK, so the venue might not be quite so on the doorstep of Southwark Cathedral, but I'm sure the Dean of Southwark won't be happy to hear that all sorts of perverted activity will be going on near his hallowed place of worship yet again...

And the SeOne is a big venue - meaning a perv tsunami on the night!

Anonymous User
Monday 7 March 2005 2.01pm
Plum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've actually been inside Wicked briefly (long
> story) but trust me, I wouldn't reccomend it
> unless you have a really strong stomach!

I CANNOT believe that we all let this one go!!

Can you make sure you don't start on this story before I get there on Thursday Plum???
Monday 7 March 2005 3.18pm
me too (unless it really does involve a perv tsunami, in which case you might just call me when you've finished)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 March 2005 5.08pm
LOL, Ok Birdie/Ivanhoe will tell you both on Thurs (don't think I could commit it to print anyway!)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions