London SE1 community website

Definitive Curry

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 31 January 2005 7.38pm
julie, you've let the cat out of the bag. One of town's best secrets and deffo the place to impress someone, at least with one's knowlege of ' hidden london'.
Is Ivanhoe sick?
Monday 31 January 2005 9.43pm
Perhaps he's hot-footed over the border and is tucking into peshwari naans and pappadoms and rice and curry and baltis and ... as we tap away here wondering where he is
Tuesday 1 February 2005 9.16am
I'm here Harry, and well (though a bit overworked) thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 14 February 2005 5.57pm
I am a big fan of Tower Tandoori. You should definitely try it out. Since their makeover, the menu has improved although the prices have gone up. They seem to have had a new chef in the last year or so, who doesn't use to much in the way of artificial colours and preservatives.

If you don't mind going a little further afield, Cafe Sillka on Albion Street (near Rotherhithe Tunnel) is also excellent, they have a huge and varied menu which is always excellent, although sometimes a little over spiced in my opinion.
Tuesday 15 February 2005 12.06am
HI all,
Great posts,a wealth of information.Looking at the general trend of the thread revolving around Simply Indian,Kennington Tandoori,and TB tandoori,I think I'll make the fist stop Simply Indian .I ate a couple of times at TB tandoori a couple of years ago and each time was a anti climax I have to say.The soggy poppadom syndrome was in full effect which is a bad sign at the beginning of the meal.The chutneys were also not up to scratch.However,maybe its worth another chance.Kenington Tandoori I have eaten at a few times and find it very good.A little salty on the Tarka Dahl someimtes I remember but nothing too bad.
The India Club sounds good as well .Have to try that one.The Spice Lounge..another one to try.Well.looks like I've got my work cut out.Its too easy in London to buy an bad expensive curry when alot of the time,the cheaper establishments serve the best curry.Looks after all are not everything are they.At least thats what I hear.
So,I'll post my sum up of my work very soon after I've gained 2 stone ,after which you'll find me jogging furiously round the city .
Best Trans

Tuesday 15 February 2005 1.28pm

One last suggestion for something a bit different - try The Painted Heron...

http://www.toptable.co.uk/details.cfm/qs/rid%7C1917/

Regards,

Loafer
Tuesday 15 February 2005 1.55pm
I hope people spotted the Tower Tandoori offer in yesterday's SE1 Direct.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions