London SE1 community website

Orchids in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 1 March 2005 5.42pm
there's no orchards in SE1.
Tuesday 1 March 2005 9.53pm
The guy in the E&C Shopping Centre sells them for 5 - 6...so two for a tenner in Columbia Market plus the travel plus the nicked bike plus the aggravation means...leave SE1 at your peril.
Tuesday 1 March 2005 10.05pm
Probably a bit late but I got a couple of nice orchids in that Igloo shop.
Wednesday 2 March 2005 4.40pm
the E&C guy sometimes sells tiger orchids
Wednesday 2 March 2005 5.01pm
I bought an orchid from the Stoney street lady for a fiver a year ago and it survived until a few weeks ago when i replaced it purely because it had lost its flowers (but was still healthy and would have grown new flowers had i not been wanting to impress my visiting parents with my flowering plants!).
Thursday 3 March 2005 11.58am
sarah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Borough Market - the florist in Stoney Street
> usually has a good selection of orchids.

To Sarah and Flick is this florist you mentioned on Stoney Street?

Nederland Bloemen Art Ltd Art of Dutch Flowers

I've just called ahead (as I was going to pop in tomorrow) to see if they are stocking any orchids and unfortunately the chap said no. I just wanted to make sure this was the shop you were on about.
Thursday 3 March 2005 1.41pm
Lil, there are two florist stalls on Stoney Street, it's the one closest to the Southwark Street end (possibly No 2 or 3 Stoney Street). I suspect that it isn't the one you mentioned as the other one has more made up bouquets and is more pricey.

BTW Flick - I have the very same problem coming up, the three orchids in my bathroom are all thriving, but flowerless and the parents are coming next week, I fear a visit to the market is necessary!
Thursday 3 March 2005 2.09pm
I know - parental visits are nothing but trouble - but at least the flat got a proper clean for a change!

I think it is the other flower stall, its just next to the Wyndhams House Poultry place. I haven't been past this week, but they definately had orchids on Friday - good luck!
Thursday 3 March 2005 4.01pm
the E& C guy has got them...they;re a little bit small flowered, but there are white ones and pink ones - 6.
Saturday 5 March 2005 6.50pm
Hello, I made my way to Stoney St on Friday and picked up the orchids. Three for a tenner! Thanks for the info!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions