London SE1 community website

Looking for local GP

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 13 March 2005 9.03am
This is the surgery I use - I do not know how these things work, but there does not seem to be just one doctor - there seems to be another male doctor and another female one and occaisional locums.

And the surgery does a turn up and wait and we'll see you service first thing in the morning, which I used when I found a strange lump - I only had to wait for about half an hour before a quick check and the relief of being told it was benign. Phew! So I think that's a recomendation
Monday 14 March 2005 11.47am
Falmouth Road practice has a few lady doctors if your nearby?
Sal
Monday 14 March 2005 12.33pm
You could try the NHS and they will give you a list of GP within the area and tell you if there books are full or not. I rang a few GP direct and got told they were full when I spoke to the NHS they gave me the save numbers and told me they had to register me.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 4.25pm
Try this URL .... just key in your post code and the NHS will tell you the 5 nearest GPs to your home.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/localisation/
Wednesday 6 April 2005 3.58pm
Dr Campion's surgery appears to be taking on too many patients. It is now not unusual for their appointments system to be running one hour late!
Monday 11 April 2005 9.29pm
I think Dr Campion's surgery's great. He has another male Dr who works with him on Fridays I think who's also really nice, and a female newly qualified Dr. And several nurses. I think there's a really personal service at this surgery unlike many big NHS health centres. Beware slightly scary recepionist!
Tuesday 12 April 2005 7.25am
So, Dr Who and Billie Piper on Fridays now ;-)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions