London SE1 community website

Rats in Potters Field Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Monday 25 April 2005 7.36pm
I'm not sure who is the right person at Southwark to talk to , but I will try and stir something up tomorrow! However if all else fails, American Express will soon have their "tennis event" there so maybe they could substitute the rats for the balls - or is that cruelty to animals!
Monday 25 April 2005 8.02pm
Im sure after London wins the 2012 Olympics all the vermin will be flushed out the bushes,
Monday 25 April 2005 8.40pm
Also Alan

have southwark council made any noises about what is happening in regards to the Berkeley development.
Im assuming the decision is on hold until the out come of the Olympic bid is known.
I did wright to John Presscot slaging off the inquiry before Christmas ,but the reply I got just said they hadn't received the inspectors report yet. That was in december.
Monday 25 April 2005 9.05pm
Hi Mickey
I'm not sure why they are taking so long to make their minds up. We were promised a decision by Christmas! Guess they have other things to think about now!
Monday 25 April 2005 9.18pm
Thank you

Incidentally I visited the Tower of London for the fist time since I was 8 years old last year.

I could see that the cylindrical towers will look really bad from there, as the main square has an elevated view strait over the outside wall, towards Potters Fields.
Monday 25 April 2005 10.35pm
The burger van and the ice cream van do I believe pay a substantial amount for the right to trade there. I heard the figure is in the region of 20,000.
Tuesday 26 April 2005 7.15am
Sounds like rats paying rats to me. But PLEASE can someone figure out a way to stop the march of Berkeley Homes /St George (same firm) building crap quality highrises all over our city?
Tuesday 26 April 2005 1.51pm
You cannot build, to cater sufficiently for demand, enough housing on the horizontal except on the periphery and that defeats the point of living in inner London - theres too much stuff there already! If you dont build upwards then you are left with one interesting choice: in the words of those forward-thinking headbangers: "Down, down,deeper and down..."
Tuesday 26 April 2005 8.38pm
There have to be areas where high rise building be deemed unsutable
Other wise as I said our citys would become unfit for human habitation

And I think we can start with the river side.

If a city center becomes homogenized like milten keynes .that's actually worse than living in the suburbs.

Wednesday 27 April 2005 9.59am
I'm not against high buildings, just not so many of them and not on every available patch. I;m not, for example, opposed to the Shard of Glass, nor to the two large towers we are getting at the Elephant. But I am against the one they want to build near the Tate Modern, and I'm certainly against the development at Potters Fields - this one in particular will look SO incongruous with the Tower and as I said before, the design looks like a gasworks.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions