London SE1 community website

All Hallows Church, Copperfield Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 14
Tuesday 11 April 2006 12.25pm
The Planning Inspector will make the decision. Send copies of your letters as already mentioined by mickysalt direct to the inspector a.s.a.p. with a covering letter asking to be informed of the decision.
Friday 14 April 2006 9.43am
Ah thats , good I got my letters sent off.
Friday 21 April 2006 11.53am
ALL HALLOWS UPDATE 20.04.06

The Appeal Process

If you wrote a letter of objection to the proposed development at All Hallows or live/work within the statutory consultation area you will have received a letter from Southwark Council, dated 5th April 2006 stating that all those people who wrote in on the earlier application last year will have their comments forwarded to the Inspector appointed by Government for this appeal. However it is important to write in to The Planning Inspectorate re-confirming your objections. If you didn?t write in before you can send off your objections now.

The appeal is over a scheme submitted by the Cathedral at the last minute, when they reduced the height of their building from 5 storeys to 4 storeys. The Council have rejected both the 5 and 4 storey proposals. If you feel you would like to re-confirm or amend your objection, point out that you are aware that the appeal is for the 4 storey development.

Letters written in might like to stress the importance of being sensitive to surrounding residents? needs, the historic nature of this Conservation Area, the special nature of the garden and the fact that we already have a vicarage and community hall in Copperfield Street.

3 copies of your letter quoting reference APP/A5840/A/06/2010636/NWF must be RECEIVED before 30th April 2006 by:

The Planning Inspectorate,
3/19 Eagle Wing,
Temple Quay House,
2 The Square,
Temple Quay,
Bristol BS1 6PN
Tuesday 23 May 2006 9.32pm
Southwark Cathedral has submitted a further proposal to Southwark Council for the redevelopment of All Hallows Church and the adjacent Hall on Copperfield Street.

This application (AP-06-0894) is different to the amended application that was refused by Southwark Council in September 2005 (05-AP-1174) which is now with the Planning Inspectorate following Southwark Cathedral's appeal.

The plans are available to view at:

Planning Development Control
Southwark Council
Council offices
Chiltern
Portland Street
London
SE17 2ES

The application reference number is 06-AP-0894

If you have any concerns or objections regarding this application, you should write to the case officer, Michele Sterry, at the above address before 04.06.2006, the end of the specified consultation period (ref Southwark Council website).

In the meantime if you wish to make an appointment or if you have any queries, you can contact the offices on 020 7525 5453 or by e-mail, [email protected]
Sunday 28 May 2006 4.24pm
We've just received the letter too - typically the Cathedral offers viewings of the plans at the Cathedral for two days only - Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 May.

Letters of objection have to be in only four days later on 4 June 2006!!

The plans are slightly different but the outcome will be the same - a building out of keeping with the conservation area and blocking out our light, loss of someones home to re-house the canon pastor and with all the building work - loss of the garden.
Monday 29 May 2006 12.21am
The Dean and Chapter of Southwark Cathedral has submitted a new proposal to Southwark Council for the redevelopment of All Hallows Church and the adjacent Hall on Copperfield Street.

THIS IS A NEW APPLICATION.

This application (AP-06-0894) is different to the amended application that was refused by Southwark Council in September 2005 (05-AP-1174), which is now with the planning inspectorate following Southwark Cathedral's appeal.

LETTERS OF OBJECTION SENT TO THE COUNCIL REGARDING THE APPLICATION LAST YEAR WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

If you or anyone you know has any concerns or objections to the new application, please write to Michele Sterry (LBS Case Officer) at the following address:

Southwark Council
Council offices
Chiltern
Portland Street
London
SE17 2ES

The application reference number is 06-AP-0894 and
the new plans are available to view at the above address.

Any concerns or objections regarding this application, must be sent to the case officer, Michele Sterry, at the above address before 04.06.2006, the end of the specified consultation period (ref Southwark Council website).

In the meantime if you want to make an appointment or if you have any queries, you can contact the offices on 020 7525 5453 or by e-mail, [email protected]
Tuesday 30 May 2006 5.37pm
The new plans can also be viewed this evening at the Church Hall, 6 Copperfield
Street, Tuesday 30th May from 6.30pm onwards.

The Dean and Chapter will also display the plans on Tuesday 30th and
Wednesday 31st May at Lancelot's Link, Southwark Cathedral between 8am and
6pm. Unfortunately there won't be anyone available from the Cathedral
Chapter or architecture PLB to answer any questions you may have.

The new plans are also available to view at:

Planning Development Control,
Southwark Council, Council offices, Chiltern, Portland Street,
London, SE17 2ES

The application reference number is 06-AP-0894

In the meantime if you want to make an appointment or if you have any
queries, you can contact the offices on 020 7525 5453 or by e-mail
[email protected]
Sunday 4 June 2006 5.49pm
The Planning Inspectorate has written to confirm that Southwark Cathedral has withdrawn its appeal (Planning Inspectorate Reference: APP/A5840/A/06/2010636/NWF) following the refusal of planning permission by Southwark Council last September. This means that the original application (05-AP-1174) filed in July 2005 is now closed.

This now leaves the new application, 06-AP-0894, which was recently submitted to Southwark Planning, for the council to consider.

Address any objections you have to the new plans to the usual address:

Southwark Council
Council offices
Chiltern
Portland Street
London
SE17 2ES

EMAIL
[email protected]
Wednesday 7 June 2006 12.30pm
I'm really sorry to jump in at this stage - but I do want to offer my support for the retention of this beautiful space - I want to register my objection - but also want to make sure I have my fingers on the details of the application.

The previous posting gives me the contact details and application number - could someone please point me in the direction of the details of the application ?

Thanks
Current: 8 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions