London SE1 community website

All Hallows Church, Copperfield Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 14
Wednesday 7 June 2006 12.31pm
Tom - see
http://www.southwark.anglican.org/cathedral/allhallows/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 7 June 2006 12.33pm
Brilliant - thanks James
Thursday 25 January 2007 9.23pm
Latest News:

The Community Council met today at Charles Dickens School, Lant Street - after three minute presentations from both sides the Council Committee rejected the Cathedral's planning application.

Hip Hip Hurrah!
Friday 26 January 2007 7.30am
Just followed James's Link..

Not being up on all this legal bits and pieces..

1) what price level is affordable housing?

2)What is the BRE requirement Average Daylight Fact Levels mean? is there a specific ' rating' ?
Friday 26 January 2007 10.08am
Jan the old one wrote:
2)What is the BRE requirement Average Daylight Fact Levels mean? is there a specific ' rating' ?

This is how you calculate the Average Daylight Factor in the UK...

well, you did ask !

Most councils require a ADF of 2% to 5% as I understand it. 2% is pretty dingy - I think it has been described on here before as "equivilant to the light from one candle, one foot away".
Friday 26 January 2007 10.35am
'Ave you got a calculator!...why do they complicate things so much, i'll stick to the candle thingy..it sounds more like the sort of thing my old mind can cope with..:-)
Wednesday 15 April 2009 6.20pm
All Hallows Church Development plans - update....

Southwark Cathedral still wish to develop this site.

Local residents, including those who have cared for this garden for over 40 years, have successfully opposed the Cathedral's last two planning applications (over the last couple of years)- see thread above

The Cathedral is to unveil its latest plans at the Bankside Residents' Open Forum Meeting on Monday, April 20th at 6:30pm

If you value this site, please come to the open meeting on:

Monday 20th April 2009 at 6:30pm

at:

Bankside Residents Forum
The Community Space
Bankside 3
SE1 0FD
(Corner of Great Guildford St & Zoar St, SE1) (to the rear of the Tate Modern)
Thursday 16 April 2009 11.55am
I have submitted written objections to the previous applications. I will willingly do so again when it reaches formal planning app.stage.I'll look out for it on weekly plng lists. Copperfield Gdns is a wonderful haven of tranquillity which must be preserved. Unf. my health now prevents me from attending any meetings (or indeed visiting Copperfield Gdns), but I can still submit written objections.
Thursday 16 April 2009 12.13pm
Paulineb - yes, the garden is a beautiful spot - so sorry that you're unable to attend the meeting or visit the garden. I'm hoping the plans this time will be in keeping with the area and do not mean that the public loses the garden - we shall see.
Thursday 16 April 2009 12.18pm
The essential quality of Copperfield Gdns. is its privacy and not being overlooked. It is this unique quality which must be preserved fr all those who value the garden.
Current: 9 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions