London SE1 community website

Garden centre in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Wednesday 20 April 2005 3.35pm
Do you do requests? Newcomen St???
Wednesday 20 April 2005 3.56pm
If I can work out how to get down it! I always seem to be going the wrong way.

If I do get the canes, I'll ride by and beep my horn outside your balcony, so keep your ears peeled.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 20 April 2005 5.50pm
Thats because, if you dont go down it for a week or two, the council changes the direction of the one-way system. Thats what it feels like anyway. I've lived here 21 years and some days I go to drive out of the car park and cant remember which way to turn!
Thursday 21 April 2005 12.02pm
the hardware shop, ground floor E&C shopping centre has various sizes of compost bags, pots, canes, those anti-frost blankets etc and gardening tools
(NB open Sat but not Sun)

also check out in Se1 this week as theres a workshop Ting on about growing stuff in small spaces
Thursday 21 April 2005 1.01pm
P&Qs Home Depot at Surrey Quays (just by Decathlon) is selling big sacks of horse manure for 2.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 21 April 2005 1.20pm
Thanks easyrecall and James. Maybe the E&C shop is my best bet (but I'll still ride round SE1 looking comical and overloaded for a bit, so keep you reyes peeled!)

Thursday 21 April 2005 3.27pm
I got some excellent bargain canes from that P&Q place a while back. I seem to remember that a whole pack cost similar to the price of a single cane in B&Q. A lot of the stuff in that shop is cheap plastic tat but a cane is a cane is a cane...
Thursday 21 April 2005 3.58pm
And Surrey Quays would give me a decent length of ride to look really silly on. Maybe hold fire until Saturday morning and take the long road East

Thursday 21 April 2005 6.12pm
Is P & Q's the place that sells toys/cups/pots etc., opposite side of the road to decathlon James?
Thursday 21 April 2005 9.37pm
(I'm not James but) yes it is. Its like a 1 shop but a warehouse version. Some great bargains and loads of crud.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions