London SE1 community website

London Road/Borough Road terraces & LSBU development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Sunday 6 April 2008 10.13am
That's ok - I didn't take it seriously.
Sunday 6 April 2008 10.33am
Absolutely not serious! I was just intrigued as to how someone from Dorset arrived with us! Delighted! come one come all! James, dont be so suspicous of me!
Sunday 6 April 2008 12.26pm
Don't blame James - he was just being careful.

My grandparents lived in Swan Mead, off Tower Bridge Road, and I spent many happy times there. I regret having gone back after the flats were demolished to see the wasteland that was left. I guess it has now been redeveloped - it looks like it from google earth but I can't find anything about it online. It is only a small road after all.
My great grandfather ran The Duke of Clarence, The Cross Keys & Railway Hotel, and The Albion, all in Blackfriars Road in the 1800's and I am trying to find out as much as possible about the pubs. I've had some success but if anyone has anything interesting I would like to hear it.
Monday 7 April 2008 10.08am
Forget Google earth. Instead have a look at the aerial photographs on 192.com - as somebody somewhere else pointed out, they are fantastic.

Possibly even better are the bird's eye ones on rightmove.co.uk - the property website.
Monday 7 April 2008 10.12am
The aerial photos on 192.com are at least five years out of date - at least over my patch....
Monday 7 April 2008 12.09pm
Thanks for those suggestions. Live Search Maps are also good, with Birds Eye Views. This could be the same as 192 though.
Friday 18 April 2008 12.49pm
The Princess Street Group Practice's move to the Borough Road chapel has been abandoned:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3248

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 April 2008 5.33pm
Pity that.
Friday 18 April 2008 10.25pm
I suppose we can only hope that the new design is a bit less of a shameless bit of facadism. The previous scheme kept only the front of the chapel with no logical relationship to the rest of the scheme.
Friday 18 April 2008 11.03pm
The terrace will probably be sold off at a tidy profit now that the subsidised stabilisation has been completed. All sounds very similar to what happened at the lying in hospital..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions