London SE1 community website

kung fu

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 15 September 2002 11.12pm
hey,
i am looking for kung fu (not ving tsung, vt,wt) training in the area of se london. any ideas where to find a nice group ?
cheers
stephan
Jai
Monday 16 September 2002 7.36am
Wing chun is a style of Kung-Fu, as is Tai Chi, Wushu and stranger sounding ones (and unlikely to find a huge following like, Hungar, Iron Palm and Lion Dance.

What is your martial art background and what do you wish to get out of it ?

Varkenslachter
Thursday 19 September 2002 6.23pm
jai jai,

i did some years of different things like traditional kung fu, wing chung, kendo, chi gung, tai chi, judo etc. i moved from abroad to London SE1, and i want to continue to do some regulary training at least 1-2 time per week at around 8 pm.
what about you jai ?
stf1
Jai
Thursday 19 September 2002 7.07pm
Stephan,

I'm getting a little older now, but I used to be quite fanatical about martial arts. I started Judo when I was 3 years old, and have practised Ju-Jitsu, Kendo, Kempo, Taekwondo, just to mention a few. I myself come from abroad too... Holland in fact.

I don't know many clubs in SE1, but there are some advertised on the Internet. It shouldn't be too difficult. I did have a look at a club just off Bermondsey Street, which looked like a kind of academy of martial arts. At the time that I visited there was Judo, Aikido and Ju-Jitsu... looked ok.

Hope you find what you're looking for !

Varkenslachter
Thursday 19 September 2002 7.57pm
schick mir mal deine email an [email protected]
stf1

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions