London SE1 community website

Bars and Restaurants in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 26 May 2005 12.42pm
You should put something right outside my door, that way I wouldn't have to catch the bus to the next street.
Thursday 26 May 2005 12.55pm
There are plans to develop Lower Marsh and link it to Waterloo Station, also The Cut is being 'up-marketed' all the time (if you call chainstores an improvement!) But there is lots of traffic around there from local residents, media offices and the Old Vic. There are already some lovely pubs, cafes and restaurants but alway room for more good food!

Good luck.
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.54pm
jackie Rook and Sarah R.

Wetherspoon's is currently having a beer festival. Beers from all over the country for 1.60-ish.

it's got a no smoking zone (the company is setting the trend in going totally no-smoking ) and poor people like me can use it.

A tip: because of slow service, get two drinks, grab a table, and contribute to your part of the world.

No connection (apart from having drunk there this eve) etc etc
Friday 27 May 2005 10.09am
Come to the Blackfriars Road end of Southwark Street. Blackfriars station is coming across the river, there's a huge building going up on Southwark Street, Tate Modern is doing something at the back of the building sooner or later. Loads of passing trade. And it's near my place.
dg
Sunday 29 May 2005 8.25am
You might have a look at the disused Red Cow on The Grange.
Wednesday 1 June 2005 1.14pm
Maybe talk to the TAS people - their restaurant on Borough Hiogh Street was so successful they opened up a take away off shoot.
They are a chain (with 3 outlets) but hardly on the Wetherspoon scale. Also, I often walk past a half empty Slug and Lettuce on BHStreet when the small local pubs are jammed - Ive wondered how successful this branch is - maybe the local developers can be convinced of another policy.
Thursday 2 June 2005 10.36am
Phil and Jonathan ... I think you are Gong to have to set up a mobile establishment at this rate ... a different location each night, with your itinerary posted on here so we know where to find you ... saw a lovely airstream for sale the other day ...
Thursday 2 June 2005 10.45am
Airstream??
Thursday 2 June 2005 11.23am
Its like a big shiny trailer.
Thursday 2 June 2005 5.54pm
Bermondsey Street is the place to open a restaurant at the moment - its the street to be in London Bridge / Borough and the current offerings are always crammed to the rafters
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions