London SE1 community website

Olleys fish and chip shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 7 June 2005 7.38pm
Yes, very close to where the 'meticulously designed apartment block' is being built (as opposed to the ones that are thrown together ...tfic)
Wednesday 8 June 2005 10.43am
Thanks Julie

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 10 June 2005 12.31pm
it can't be as 'meticulously designed' as the Wireworks on great suffolk street, can it? I thought the outside of the building looked more like a prison!

nancy*

*who as of this week is sadly not living in se1 any more, although working and passing through regularly. We couldn't afford a flat in the wireworks... now I have to Commute...
Saturday 10 February 2007 10.36pm
I used to live near the original Olley's in Herne Hill - they are wonderful - it is worth the trip. The branch of Olley's in SE1 is awful - their fish and chips are NOTHING like the spectacular original.
Saturday 10 February 2007 11.10pm
Master's super fish is brilliant!
Sunday 11 February 2007 10.45am
Ever since i saw a black cab outside the Long Lane fish bar, I have been going there. One complaint though, I can never finish the chips, lovely as they are.
Sunday 11 February 2007 1.52pm
I got chips for an extortionate 1.95 from that new 'proper fish and chips' place in Borough Market. They were only just cooked and there weren't many. Why are good chippys so rare? It can't be that difficult.
Sunday 11 February 2007 10.06pm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again- MAsters Superfish on Waterloo Road is the best fish and chips I've tried in London.
Monday 12 February 2007 12.26am
i like chips
Monday 12 February 2007 6.24am
I like beetroot.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions