London SE1 community website

Looking for a decent burger

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 5 July 2005 12.14pm
if you venture into se16 the burgers in Arbuckles are supposed to be ok-i am a veggie so cannot personally vouch for them!!!
Jac
Tuesday 5 July 2005 12.25pm
My dad was a baker and he sold cobs in Kent. so they are not just localised to nottingham
Tuesday 5 July 2005 12.54pm
Jac, that's interesting. I'd only heard that word in Nott's. Any other breadcake-related words you're keeping in your oven?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 5 July 2005 5.57pm
ajtomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today's the 4th of July which for me is a day of
> gorging on burgers, beer and firing up sparklers.
> Yep, an American in London. Any suggestions for a
> decent burger in SE1? Am still fairly new to the
> neighbourhood.

There is a small simple market cafe cafe on the far side of Borough market (before you turn the corner to the Sedish restaurant) that has a pretty good burger. Can't remember the name though. Its not in the market proper, but on that street which abutts it and has a poulty vendor, flower shop etc...

Tuesday 5 July 2005 8.21pm
My vote is for barmcake - in fact I just fancy a chip barm right now ...
Tuesday 5 July 2005 10.37pm
I recently had an excellent burger in the Gourmet Burger in Belsize Park. Sorry Jackie.
Monday 1 August 2005 8.58pm
I think Osamede might mean the Banana Store, behind Borough Market on Cathedral Street. Their burger is pretty good but isn't cheap. They only seem open for lunch though, which is pretty annoying...

I think the bun is what makes a Gourmet Burger very good - they make it themselves with sour dough...
Tuesday 2 August 2005 11.28am
Excuse the newbie butting in...

The burgers at Belushi's on Borough High Street are pretty good - there is a veggie option as well - and the prices aren't bad either...

...oh well, back to lurking,I suppose.
Monday 15 August 2005 11.15am
Try the burger at the Festival Square(back of the Festival Hall) does a pretty good burger.I like mine a little pink and they obliged once I had agreed it was at my own risk! Gourmet Burget is great but not one in the area-perhaps we should suggest they to come to SE1?

Christianna
Monday 15 August 2005 12.43pm
Ooh I really fancy a burger now- I too had a lovely one in Gourmet Burger Belsize PArk- they have a branch in Clapham Junction and Putney too- would love them to move to SE1.
I had thePesterella- Burger, sourdough bun with mozarella, pesto and relish.
Divine.
In SE1 Borough Market on a Friday or Saturday is your best bet.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions