London SE1 community website

Start of a bad day

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 7 July 2005 12.34pm
I'm glued to SKy, BBC World, CNN in rotation. Flying into London tomorrow, will have to WALK from Heathrow I guess. Hope you're all OK, please post everyone so we know you're still alive and well.
Thursday 7 July 2005 12.40pm
I'm alive and well. Was stuck on a bus just by Liverpool Street this morning when what seemed like every ambulance, police car and fire engine in London turned up. I had no idea what was going on until I started getting phone calls from my family to check I was okay.
Thursday 7 July 2005 12.46pm
Blackfriars and Westminster Bridges are certainly open.

Waterloo Bridge was closed northbound earlier.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 July 2005 12.50pm
I'm quite near Covent Garden and I'm the army are there, all a bit scary, work are telling us not to go out and apparently making plans in case we have to stay the night! So glad i live in SE1 and can walk.

Jame's link above says that Waterloo bridge and waterloo Rd are closed, does anyone know if pedestrians can get that way?

Glad to hear people are ok so far.

Thursday 7 July 2005 12.58pm
Do you think we should offer spare beds to people stuck?
Thursday 7 July 2005 1.04pm
More pictures:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1649

Thursday 7 July 2005 1.10pm
I'm here - albeit stuck in our office which is behind a security cordon.

If it helps the millenium footbridge is open. Have never been so glad that I can just walk home.

A couple of people who live out of central london have already planned to come home with me tonight. Apparently they're stopping quite a lot of the overground trains from coming into Central London as well ? It looks like a lot of people will be sleeping in the office tonight...
Thursday 7 July 2005 1.16pm
Yep, looks like my spare room is full for the night.
Thursday 7 July 2005 1.40pm
Thames Clippers are offering free travel on their boat services today:

http://www.thamesclippers.com

Thursday 7 July 2005 1.44pm
I am the last one here so closing the office now-good luck getting home eveyone and safe journey
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions