London SE1 community website

Start of a bad day

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Thursday 7 July 2005 1.45pm
thanks for the great updates James. Really useful.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 7 July 2005 1.54pm
I'd planned to head North today for a funeral, via Kings Cross. Now I plan to stay home. I hope everyone we know is OK. The emergency services and medical people all seem to be doing fantastically well - our thanks and best wishes to the lot of you.
Thursday 7 July 2005 2.35pm
TfL have just announced that bus services are resuming in zone 1, but it will take a while to get a full service back up and running.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 July 2005 2.43pm
More updates at http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1649

Tonight's Canterbury Tales and Shakespeare's Globe performances have been cancelled.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 July 2005 2.54pm
As have performances in the Lyttelton and Olivier theatres of the National; though the Cottesloe is still running.
Jac
Thursday 7 July 2005 3.56pm
All the jac family safe,I was on school journey cut short but thankfully the school were able to put on a coach for us (we used the bus to get there). Thinking of all those affected.
Thursday 7 July 2005 7.33pm
Hello All

I just joined the forum as i wanted to give my sympathy over todays events.
I am from Liverpool and spent time in London in the 1980`s. i met some great people. just want to let you know that Liverpool and the rest of the world are with you. Today we are all Londoners..Tony.
Thursday 7 July 2005 7.59pm
I thought Ken Livingstone's speech from the airport in Singapore about the strength, diversity and resilience of London was magnificent.
Thursday 7 July 2005 8.38pm
We are all fine. Plum, I hope you and Mr P are ok.
Friday 8 July 2005 8.11pm
A young lady moved from Derbyshire with her husband and brother, they worked on the tube, both were sent down to sort the 'power failure' problem out...both died. not quite sure if they were electricians or what.

When I saw the blood on the wall 20 or so feet up at B.M.A...why that was shown when all the bodies have not been found on the bus amazes me. The poor people, the poor relatives who have to sit and wait for news.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions