London SE1 community website

The Crown, 108 Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Thursday 11 February 2010 11.51am
Forgive me, but is this news?

You're showing the same sport as last week (and imho it was hardly news then. Find me a pub with a TV screen which ISN'T showing 6 Nations RU. That would be news), and selling the same food as last week.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 11 February 2010 11.22pm
thanks Ivanhoe

comments noted and filed in the appropriate tray.

cheers

phil

" also remember we have a lovely sunday roast on....... you guessed it! Sunday !
Friday 12 February 2010 7.46am
Keep on showing your true colours, Phil. Must help in a customer-facing business.

Jac
Friday 12 February 2010 10.28am
Ivanhoe - Is baby hoe not letting you get enough sleep? Or are you just a grumpy old man :)

Phil - if you are selling "lovely" sunday roast on sundays, does that mean you are selling "horrible" sunday roasts the rest of the week?
Friday 12 February 2010 10.40am
Good one Jac

Come on down and try for yourself, im sure you wont be dissapointed

cheers

phil
Friday 12 February 2010 10.47am
OK, OK. Ivanhoe does seem to be a bit grumpy at the moment, but he also has a reasonable point.

Whilst I've made clear that businesses are welcome to participate, please don't overdo it as it is easy to annoy people with repetitious messages. Sometimes less is more.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 12 February 2010 11.19am
Jac

I've always been grumpy. Consistency is my watchword.

And for several years I've had a great regard for this forum, which imho would quickly degenerate into a pool of useless spammy mush if other SE1 businesses decided to post non-news in order to keep a thread with their business' name and address on page 1 of the SE1 discussion forum.

If everyone else's really wants to know the essential news that Phil's pub is still selling beer, I humbly apologise if my efforts have contributed in any way to deny them this basic human right.

Jac
Friday 12 February 2010 12.35pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Jac
I've always been grumpy. Consistency is my watchword..

True;)

and you do have very valid points, but I am sure James would never allow this great forum to become mushy spam and if we keep adding our tuppence worth we also help keep the thread at the top of the forum making Phil's work easier.

Phil - I have always intended to come along to the Crown sometime (when the weather improves as i am in a different part of se1) and i personally dont mind you promoting your business to some extent partly because you were active i the forum before you opened and partly because you are upfront about who you are. We all want new small business in the area to succeed, but that said if you do cross the fine line and start exploiting the forum for your own means we will see through you and it will put me and i am sure others off. The old school yard seem to have the Balance about right, so keep your posts for when you have real news and i look forward to seeing you in the future.
Tuesday 16 February 2010 11.46am
I understand the arguement, and agree that some of the messages arent really news.

However, threads such as the Bermondsey Square Market also have regular updates.

Can anyone think of a better way to keep up with what is on where? In the Facebook style of things, could interested venues have a "status update" on their/another page that briefly shows what's happening with them? Perhaps with a modest contribution to the site
Wednesday 17 February 2010 4.45pm
just a quick update.

we are targeting smaller breweries this month

and are now stocking

Wandle ale ( sambrooks brewery, wandsworth)
TEA ( hogs back brewery, tongham)

and coming up are beers from

twickenham brewery
dark star brewery

hope to see all the real ale enthusiastes (sp) down for a handle or 2

cheers
phil
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions