London SE1 community website

The Crown, 108 Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Friday 19 March 2010 2.16pm
Adnams Broadside and Adnams Gunhill on tap at the moment with a TEA lined up next.

With the sun coming out ( ?) we have started getting the garden ready and am looking for someone who has interest and knowledge in gardening that might want a bit of work.

Mondays are still 50% discount on your food bill when 2 or more dining together.

Rugby is still pride of place most weekends including S14 breakfasts.

Fostering network holds thier next charity quiz on thurs 25 march ( hope to be in a team this time, rather than stuck behind the bar)

and to finish, I have lost a further 7 kg since feb 2 so am going to have to change my screen name as i am fast becoming (not so big) phil

cheers all
have a great weekend

phil
Tuesday 27 April 2010 10.42am
Update:

now stocking Adnams ale and purity ale " mad goose"
both selling well and tasting great. we have yankee and wrangler ales coming this week from roosters brewery ( both beers use american hops and grain and are fantastic) pop on in for a sample or 2.

" rugby this weekend with 2 pints of ale while rugby is on.

we have a new business lunch menu. mon-fri 5 choices of meals @ 4.95
this week is steak & chips
scampi
cod
chicken caesar
mussels in white wine sauce

all cooked from fresh and still our usual large portions.

Cinco de mayo is coming on the 5th of may.

complimentary bottle of corona if you mention this posting and can tell me what cinco de mayo is!

still showing loads of rugby including streamed matches from Australia and New Zealand

Also if you are having a function and looking for a venue we are free to hire saturday nights and sundays all summer. call for more info.

anyway that about it for this month. enjoy the sun and have a good one

cheers
phil
Friday 4 June 2010 12.40am
Looking for the rugby this saturday?

we are showing

Wales v South Africa @ 1430
France v Ireland (youth) @ 1810
Argentina v England (youth) @ 2010

Should be a great start to a month of awesome rugby as the home nations all tour Down Under, the youth world cup gets under way and the churchill cup starts as well.

hope to see the rugby supporters down for a match or 2

cheers

phil
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions