London SE1 community website

Tooley Street Red Route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10
Monday 7 November 2005 9.32pm
If anyone cares to look at my posting of 15 September, it's clear that my questions have not been answered by TfL.
Tuesday 15 November 2005 1.11pm
Dear Sir/Madam

Transport for London Customer Services Survey

You contacted Transport for London's Customer Services on 26/10/2005 to make a
complaint. Customer Services want to find out how well people feel their
complaints are being dealt with, so we can make improvements to our procedures
where necessary.

We would be grateful if you would complete the questionnaire by 25th November
2005. You can access the questionnaire by clicking on the link below.

http://www.surveys.com/s.aspx?project=j436615a&id=60021129

Completed questionnaires will be analysed by GfK NOP, an independent market
research agency acting on behalf of Transport for London.

All your answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and not associated
with you personally.

If you do not wish to be contacted by Customer Services again for any reason
please contact me at enquiries@streetmanagement.org.uk.

Your feedback will help Transport for London improve their procedures and will
be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Anne Sunyer
Customer Services Manager
Wednesday 25 January 2006 3.27pm
This afternoon at 15H - Tour Coach parked on the Northern approach to Tower Bridge, technically not on the bridge but blocking the Red Route and in full view of those cameras which have been catching images of speeding vehicles (see other Thread). Two Police Support uniforms walk past coach and don't give it a second glance.
Thursday 16 March 2006 8.39pm
Lovely to see that with Easter and Tourist Time on the way, there was today a line of Tour Coaches parked with their engines running at the customary location. No doubt the monitoring cameras on Tooley Street are somehow 'blind' to these vehicles and as Mr Livingstone is so busy signing cheques to prevent saddo's looking at young ladies that he's possibly forgotten his recent Press Offensive in which he said he was going to reduce Fuel Emissions in London. Start on your own doorstep Ken.
Sunday 19 March 2006 2.35pm
According to Mr Livingstone re the proposal to have a lap-dancing club in Tooley Street, "I don't believe residents want what is basically a strip club. Southwark seems to have forgotten its responsibilities to maintain the quality of life for those who live and work in the area". Can anyone explain how having tour coaches parked illegally with their engines running enhances Tooley Street - local residents have been complaining directly to both Mr Livingstone and Southwark Council for several years. Needless to say, deaf ears and blind eyes have been turned.
Sunday 19 March 2006 6.42pm
[Alan Chapman's message moved to consolidate ongoing discussion re. Rembrant Club in mickysalt's thread]

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
ADT
Monday 20 March 2006 10.52am
Paul wrote:
No doubt the monitoring cameras on Tooley Street are somehow 'blind' to these vehicles

It does seem odd that they don't catch the buses - I thought that all the bus lane monitoring cameras were automated. We stopped briefly on the bus stand at Kings Cross a week ago to drop someone off (oops), and the letter with the fine only took 5 days to get to us. Have you tried parking a car there to see if you get fined? If the system isn't automated, perhaps you could avoid buses with engines running by encouraging local residents to park their cars there.
Monday 20 March 2006 11.09am
Nothing works ADT - no-one is interested. This morning as I write there is a tour coach and a minibus parked, blocking Red Route, Cycle Path and Bus Stop at the end of Weavers Lane. The minibus driver is in the tour coach where he has been for the past hour. A suggestion that the drivers may care to read the 'Red Route. No stopping at any time' notice, 2 metres away on the bus stop was met with abuse.

Not a single parking ticket or fine has ever been issued to a tour coach parked at the end of Weavers Lane. All this supposed Big Brother camera technology is used very selectively (see thread on Tower Bridge Cameras) and I am prepared to lay money on the fact that a tour coach/driver has never been penalised in Tooley Street, Elizabeth Street and on Tower Bridge where they also park regularly.
Saturday 25 March 2006 4.47pm
This afternoon I saw a PCSO move on a German coach outside the old Lambeth College/St Olave's building.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 25 March 2006 5.34pm
Said PCSO will get into trouble for that - I've been told it's not part of their job and once when I asked one, "Excuse me, can I ask you why you've just walked past and ignored that coach parked on the Red Route", he literally became hysterical and said I was being 'Confrontational and aggressive'. Poor dear.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions